Hacking Acekard 2.1 or Acekard 2i for NDSL

ThaDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I'm planning to buy an Acekard but the 2.1 on DX is out of stock. I found the 2.1 at realhotstuff.com for 28$+1g memory, but the 2i on DX is 19.50 which is cheaper. Which one should I get?

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends on how fast you want it i guess, rhs will probably be quicker, but shipping is probably more expensive to canada (im not sure?), and dx will take some time, atleast 2 weeks.

luan87us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check stuffs4kids.com out they have AK2.1 for $20 + shipping, no free microSD card though but you can prolly get better deal buying it separate

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can maybe get an AK2 at focalprice.com for $11.50, but it's unclear whether or not it's ver. 2.1. Supposedly it's been confirmed that it is, and some people are leaning towards it being so, but like I said, we can't know for sure. You can give it a shot - a couple people have done so already.

Here's a quote from the review:
QUOTE said:
But really, this piece of kit is nothing more than a standard DS flash kit (Acekard 2) that has been modified to run on the new DSi.
(just in case, here's the link to the review: AK2i Review)

I think it depends on whether or not you want it here and now. You could probably just go with the AK2i. I would go with the AK2 from focalprice, pending confirmation of the version (since I already have an order on DX that is taking forever).

Hope that helps :]

ThaDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
luan87us said:
check stuffs4kids.com out they have AK2.1 for $20 + shipping, no free microSD card though but you can prolly get better deal buying it separate

Well wouldn't buying the AK2i at 19.50 at DX better then buying an AK2.1 for 20$+shipping. Also is there anyone who knows if the AK at Focalprice are 2.1?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the second nintendo or any homebrew author decides they want to disable dsi functions, they can. smiths bricked a dsi kit from all dsi functions by mistake while making akaio safe to run on the ak2i. if you have a dsi, well i guess you need the dsi kit. keep in mind that it hasn't been tested with dsi software yet... no one knows what the outcome of that will be or how quickly the cards will be rendered useless.

the ak2i is the exact same thing as the ak2.1 but with a hacked bootstrap that allows it to run on the nds and dsi.

-another world

luan87us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThaDude said:
luan87us said:

Well wouldn't buying the AK2i at 19.50 at DX better then buying an AK2.1 for 20$+shipping. Also is there anyone who knows if the AK at Focalprice are 2.1?
as explained AK2.1i is basically the same with AK2.1 with the exceptional of DSi compatible but from what it looks like it is still in beta stage. Since the OP has a DSL i think ak2.1 will suite him better. The reason I recommended stuffs4kids was because most of venders are OOS on the AK2.1 and the ones that has them in stock S4K would be the cheapest along with 5thdemensionstore, another reason is the shipping of DX is random ranging from 2weeks- a few months. If the OP can bite the wait he can get it from DX or focal which is half as cheap. For me I just want my cart fast so I used stuffs4kids i treats it as i ordred from DX but with express shipping =p.

ThaDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that the AK2.I would be better for me since I have a DSL but the cheapest AK2.1 I can find is like 20$+ since DX is out of stock. The AK2i is not out of stock on DX and cost less then the AK2.1 on the other site. Can someone recommend me how much memory to get? What I would mostly do is just play games and maybe a little bit of homebrew.

5thdimension

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get the AceKard 2 if you dont plan on getting a DSi anytime soon. Get a AceKard 2i if you plan to get a DSi when it gets released. I am selling both, just click my siggy.

Edit: If you are really tight on money, just get a 2gb. That will play alot of games and homebrew. If you plan on having music and videos, I recommend 4+gb.

gk.7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
ThaDude said:
Alright so I plan to buy the Acekard 2.1 from Focalprice now I need memory card would this be a good one?
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2396
i'd get this instead... especially since the one they advertise says 2 and the one in the pics 1... i mean sound stupid but you never know...

And honestly, most of the people would trust newegg than deal extreme when it comes to those products. check if the free shipping applies for canada too...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134809

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ThaDude said:
I know that the AK2.I would be better for me since I have a DSL but the cheapest AK2.1 I can find is like 20$+ since DX is out of stock. The AK2i is not out of stock on DX and cost less then the AK2.1 on the other site. Can someone recommend me how much memory to get? What I would mostly do is just play games and maybe a little bit of homebrew.

heh how spoiled the gamers of today are. my first gba kit (8 or so yrs ago) cost me $145 before shipping and taxes. back then you couldn't trust many online stores and there was no drag/drop ease of use. $30 is nothing for a flash kit and the ak2.1 comes highly recommended. buy it from realhotstuff and get a 1gb free msd. its enough to get you up and running. i used a 1gb for over a year before recently moving up to an 8.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...