Hacking Acekard 2.1 freezes when writing .sav file

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to confirm, I got the same results as darkpenguin.

Holding A does seem to use a different save engine, as it doesn't lock up the whole system when I save like tapping A does, but I still can't resume a save game.

Posts merged

lukeloop said:
I was asked to try a new loader with 1.5.1. It allowed me to play Bowsers Inside Story but then all the other games wouldnt work.

Did it allow you to save using that loader?

zcmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lukeloop said:
I was asked to try a new loader with 1.5.1. It allowed me to play Bowsers Inside Story but then all the other games wouldnt work.

want to share?
cool.gif

adder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also bought from focalprice, with this problem. Now everyone can't be selling clones if they even exist. I think these are genuine, and claims about being fakes is just an excuse.

I bought one after I kept hearing how good these were and the best support they got. At that price could have bought 4 of another type.

The freeze problem I've solved by changing system settings save option to nds.sav from just sav. before playing any game without having any other sav file in dir, but this will only let you play the games but you can't have the save option, as soon you switch off your ds you will have to restart all over. Also can now save zelda after I used "zelda save converter" but this didn't work on any other games.

Focalprice have not responded, so I think paypal despute will have to be opened.

firestorm2yk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Same problem, and also purchased from DX.

Thought it might be a fake but noticed that AK2's can use different chips.

This one appears to use a spansion chip.

HWID is also 80.

Have uploaded a pic.

I would also point out that the AceKard 2 sticker on my AceKard 2.1 is on lop sided... so perhaps these card are fakes.

Lastly i have posted on the AceKard forum regarding this issue:

http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...;extra=page%3D1

Biasmania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you what it means for me. From now on instead of suggesting this card to friends and family, or anyone who will listen like I had been doing. M3 will be seeing my business from now on. I mean this has just been a major hassle, I bought several of these cards to set up for wifes friends and they do not work as advertised. I think if you would want customers to keep coming back (Acekard.... Deal Extreme... Whomever) you would at least say "hey bad batch." , or well let's see say anything, anything at all.
mad.gif

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would also point out that the AceKard 2 sticker on my AceKard 2.1 is on lop sided... so perhaps these card are fakes.

A lopsided sticker means nothing. My AK2 has a lopsided sticker on it but it works just fine without any save issues with any game, and I'm running the Genuine version of AKAIO 1.5.1 (Not the fake-card cracked version).

lukeloop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes its been weeks now and I have sent numerous emails to acekard and no response. Deal extreme said to return them but it doesn't look like they selll them now so whats the use. I realise they were only 11 bucks each but I did have to buy 4 of them for the kids. At least they can use the older firmware but obviously newer games do not work. I will probably fill this card with older games that work and just get them another one. I have been on #acekard quite a bit and Normmatt has been quite reserved with his communication.To his credit he has asked me to try a few loaders which did not remedy anything and it may be possible that akaio 1.6 will contain a fix. It might not be worth his while I don't now. He is obviously knowledgeable of this issue and it would be nice to get an honest statement of his intentions. At the end of the day if these cards are clones deal extreme should inform acekard where they received them from and it is neither acekard or the firmware makers problem that these cards do not work with current firmware. There must be heaps of these cards around and obviously no one is going to buy them again if this issue isn't fixed. Serves us right for being pirates I guess !.garrr

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If they are clones, see if you can find a copy/link to the cracked version of the 1.5.1 loaders+firmware.

That might work, however it's not guaranteed.

I cannot provide you a link to it though as Normatt, Smiths, and those guys have asked the mods here to delete any post linking to the cracked version of AKAIO 1.5.1. In addition I believe users have been told not to provide links to it either.

Siege42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lukeloop said:
At the end of the day if these cards are clones deal extreme should inform acekard where they received them from and it is neither acekard or the firmware makers problem that these cards do not work with current firmware.

Yes, however, these problems are not exclusive to dealextreme. Others having problems ordered from focalprce, realhotstuff, and mygamingmart. The last two are recommended resellers on acekard's site. What worries me is that acekard isn't addressing e-mails or message board posts on this issue.

Kronusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this means anything but I'm having the same saving issues with nds games, however gba games launched to my 3-in-1 save and load fine

Canker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude, why would the guy pay us to receive and fix something defective we can't use, when all he does is maintain his own fork of the firmware? (If you ask me, his firmware ought to be the official one since the official one only seems to incorporate his changes once in a while). Someone who's ordered more than one faulty AceKard could donate one to him to try troubleshooting, but I seriously doubt he is going to put any money toward one just so he can stop us from whining.

It's starting to look like everyone and their dog is washing their hands of anything to do with AceKard. If this Norm runs this site:

http://www.normmatt.com

It has been suspended for days, and the IRC server he's reputed to hang out on hasn't even resolved for me in days.

DX doesn't seem to carry any carts at all now citing a DMCA request, which could just be a convenient way of avoiding the headache involved in all the RMA requests they're receiving.

Nuclear Crow said:
Thats actually a great idea, but he'd have to reimburse whoever game it to him.

It would probably be the fastest way to fix these issues.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i thought i'd add on a tiny bit of info.

according to team acekard there have been no new 2.1s produced. that means that this is not a bad batch but more probably a good looking clone.

norm has tried to debug what the issue might be, but without a working "bad" card he can't really do that. i'm sure he would take a donation. drop in #acekard on the gbatemp irc network and ask him.

@Canker: i'm having issues with my bnc and the servers, but my normal isp is connecting just fine. try both servers.

irc.gbatemp.net
irc2.gbatemp.net

both port 5190

/server irc2.gbatemp.net 5190

the site and forum were suspended due to the forum taking up too much cpu time and ram (according to the hosting). it might be back up at the end of the month and/or it might move to a new home.

finally dx is selling linkers but through the forum. http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.d...threadid.500383.

-another world

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I am planning to buy a Acekard 2i (the DSlite and DSi one) from realhotstuff , but after reading these last posts, I am deeply worried.

Should I buy from realhotstuff (as they are a seller that Acekard trusts and are US based) or should I buy a whole totally different card (and which off course)

lukeloop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i was hanging out in channel acekard, asked him a few times if there was anything I could do to help. He asked me to try a few loaders for him and I did. When I asked if he was around a few times I just received and returned some abuse. He doesn't say much and I dont really like having to hang around like a dog just in case he does asks me something. I tried logging on but I am banned now. I have managed to get all games working now except Bowsers Inside Story is not saving. NSMB is saving and keeps the save too. I haven't tried mario and sonic at winter olympics yet or GTA. I think ill just fill this card with older games that do work and get a new card for newer games anyway. I would like to solve this puzzle but I don't have any technical computing skills in this area. Its more the challenge than anything I guess. Garrrrr

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
there are no ak2i clones (yet). so order it and don't worry. also RHS has excellent customer support.

-another world

Thank you
smile.gif

and one more question, my sis owns the DS Lite, so I am thinking of getting a DS also, but the original one..the FAT one...so for that one which flash carts work also?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...