Hacking Acekard 2.1 freezes when writing .sav file

Aksen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking I'll order myself an R4, and hold on to this. The old firmware works, so it's worth the 10 bucks i guess.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
cogitech said:
BDaichi said:
.......... Seems everyone having the problem got it from DX

Nope. At least two of us got them from MyGamingMart.com. I had 3 out of 3 bad. 1 wouldn't load any firmware at all, and 2 had identical issues with saves as described in this thread.
Hopefully the ones from FocalPrice will not have the same problem, I got 3 coming in the mail.

djsika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just got 3 from DX and sadly it seems i'm having the same type of problem as you guys, although messing around a bit got the games to boot but it wasnt consistant progress, i think the cards must be a bad batch back to dx they go
frown.gif
anybody know a more reliable card?

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djsika said:
just got 3 from DX and sadly it seems i'm having the same type of problem as you guys, although messing around a bit got the games to boot but it wasnt consistant progress, i think the cards must be a bad batch back to dx they go
frown.gif
anybody know a more reliable card?

I got three shite AK2.1 carts and returned them in exchange for 3 (genuine) DSTT carts. I couldn't be happier. They "just work". Don't believe all the bullshitters who tell you DSTT is dead. In fact, the AceKard is dying as we speak, since Normatt has quit developing AKAIO. That's the only thing AK had going for it. Now it is just another cart.

The build quality of the DSTT is incredible compared to AK and there is a team that quietly and efficiently provides updates for new games. I haven't found a game yet that won't load on mine. Spirit Tracks, Bowsers Inside Story, etc., etc. ... well over 60 games and apps (including Moonshell, and a bunch of other homebrew, of course). No problemo.

Aksen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
ur mum stop developing!

the new batch of ak 2.1s have a different hwid. so wait for norm to fix the save issue and everything else. anyone want to donate a card? =P

-another world

Ooohh, I'm glad to hear this. I tried to go to the official AKAIO forums and it looks like I got b&! Not sure when or why.

I'll keep an eye out here for the update!

Biasmania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup I have the same issue with 3 cards I got from Deal Xtreme. Wonder why they changed the HW? And it is strange that there is no official new firmware. Hope this gets fixed soon. This a royal pain in the ass. Kinda like forced prison sex. Not that I have been to prison, or had forced prison sex, or forced se... I'll just shut up now.

zcmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad to see the problem is being addressed. patience is a virtue. i have plenty of games that work that i have yet to complete, anyway.

g3p3nk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i have the same problem too....

i bought one ak2 v2.1 from dealextreme (ordered on 27 dec 09, arrived at my door 14 jan 10), and faced the same issue.
i can get into the game, but the moment i hit new game option (where it normally tries to save), it's just not responding.

i'm glad this is being addressed though. i'll just wait patiently =]

nuke1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People ... This may be a bad batch from AK from what I have seen... The HWID is not changed, and NORMMATT said he has NO IDEA why it's not working.

In the mean time you can get the card working by using an older official AK firmware .. I'm debating sending mine back as defective.. and see if I get working replacements.

Edit: and it seems like this is only the 2.1's (not dsi ver)

Biasmania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that just stinks I was hoping it wasn't a bad batch of cards. And if I am not mistaken is Deal Xtreme not even selling the Acekard anymore? Does anyone know if it is a new hardware or bad batch? I hope I can get it replaced.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
icemasta said:
Is this save issue only regarding only Acekard 2i or is it it also for Acekard 2?
The Acekard 2i does not have this save issue. The Acekard 2.1(otherwise known as the Acekard 2) however does.

enfz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
ur mum stop developing!

the new batch of ak 2.1s have a different hwid. so wait for norm to fix the save issue and everything else. anyone want to donate a card? =P

-another world

Well this is confusing, given that some ppl are saying that HWID is the same for the 'defective' cards, whilst you are claiming otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: