AceKard 2.1 Build Quality Problems.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Splych, Dec 23, 2008.

Dec 23, 2008
  1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    I just received my AceKard 2.1 just now.

It's the new 2.1 AceKard with a Black PC Board.

Here's the problems:

- When I insert the AceKard, it takes more force then a normal DS Game or my SuperCard DS One v3. And while it's getting inserted, I would here a loud cliking noise, that I haven't heard of with my SuperCard or a normal DS Game.
    Is it me, or does everyone have it?

- When I insert the SD Card, it takes much more force then inserting it into the SuperCard. I would have to push it in with more force just so it would be locked.
    This problem would highly annoy me. I usually add more files into my SD Card multiple times.

- When I eject the AceKard, it would eject, but I would have to push it hard just like if it were thicker. Then I would have to pull it with more strength then pulling a SuperCard out.
    Is it me? Or does everyone have this problem as well?

- When I want to eject my SD Card, I would have to push it in farther. Then it would be ejected. When pulling it out, it would not move, I would have to move it around a bit just so it would come out like something is obstructing it's way.

Those are my problems with it. I don't know if everyone has the same problem, or if it's just me getting an un-lucky AceKard 2.1. But hopefully, these are common problems. But if it's rare, then I am going to exchange my AceKard 2.1 for a new one.

- Echo

2. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    Does it work?

3. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    Yes it works xDD.

It's just the build quality that troubles me.

4. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Build quality definitely isn't the Acekard2's strong point. No you're not the only one with these problems (basically everyone has troubles with it, including myself). As long as you leave it in as much as possible, you shouldn't have any problems. And when you do have to take it out, don't do it with too much force. As long as you're not stupid with it, it shouldn't break.

5. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    *Few*. Good. So I guess it's good to keep? Time to pass my SuperCard down to my little sister.

6. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yeah it should be perfectly fine. Just be careful with it and enjoy your new Acekard.

7. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    You know any guides of how to get the cheats to work? Everytime I try using the cheats, it would always say this:

Cheat DB file is not found.

I am using Narin's cheat files.

=====

Unlucky, just now, my AceKard just said FAT Error. *Sigh. But I restarted it, and it works again. I feel like returning the AceKard 2.1 if the FAT Error continuously pops up like that.

8. ShAdOwFuRi

Member ShAdOwFuRi GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    @ Echo: make sure you have downloaded the correct cheat db file; either USRCHEAT.DAT or CHEAT.DAT, then designate this file through start --> patches.

I've owned an Acekard 2.1 for approximately 3 weeks now and I have none of the build quality issues which you have listed above. My opinion however, may not be viable seeing as though I have only owned an R4 before. Nevertheless, my cartridge fits in with only a tiny bit of resistance, clicks in and ejects quite well, same goes with the micro SD card, although because of the locking mechanism of the sd card itself (see the tiny notch?) there should be some resistance taking it out.

Fat errors are never a good sign, you've probably treated the cart a bit too rough as a result of the lack in build quality and this in turn has caused some form of damage I presume...

If I were in your position I would try get a replacement ASAP.

9. blainy

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia

try reformatting the SD card....should solve the FAT error thing..

10. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    my acekard is harder to put in than a retail cartridge... and does make a click, but its not all that noticeable

the uSD card problems could simply be the uSD catch catching on the plastic of the AK2

as for cheats, you need to select the cheat file in the menu first