thewild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

My son has an Acekard 2i running AKAIO 1.8.7 with Danny Phantom with 1.4U on a 3DSi. Can I update from 1.4 directly to 1.4.3? If I do not update to 1.4.3 does it prevent me from playing certain ROM's.

Thanks

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
thewild said:
Hi everyone,

My son has an Acekard 2i running AKAIO 1.8.7 with Danny Phantom with 1.4U on a 3DSi. Can I update from 1.4 directly to 1.4.3? If I do not update to 1.4.3 does it prevent me from playing certain ROM's.

Thanks
Always update your ak2i before updating your DSi. Also, there's no problem in skipping from 1.4 to 1.4.3 . Download the firmware update and put the correct .nds file according to the system you are using to update and run the file, just like any .nds game. Do as prompted and once done it should support DSi 1.4.3U and the latest 3DS version as well. (firmware update here)

Also, does the sticker say 'DSi(XL)&3DS compatible' on it? Some of the very old batches of ak2i's that have a HardWare ID (HWID) of 44 has problems updating, so be careful. The newer batches should have a sticker with 'DSi(XL)&3DS compatible' on it. Just want to make sure.

Another thing, AKAIO 1.8.8 is out, so you may want to update to increase compatibility and also 1.8.8 has some additional functions (more info here)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really isn't any reason to update to 1.4.3 unless you want to use the DSi Shop; your games will work regardless.

If (for some reason) you want to update to 1.4.3, you need to update your Acekard 2i's firmware FIRST. Download this update file, extract it, put it onto your SD card, and run it on the Acekard. When it finishes updating, you should have a Dorasu (red bow) icon instead of the Danny Phantom icon. Once your Acekard has the Dorasu icon and you're sure it is still working, it is safe to update your DSi to 1.4.3.

thewild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW thanks for the fast reply. This forum is fantastic. My Acekard 2i sticker says "DSi Compatible" how can I check it it's the HWDI 44?

My son has problems with the latest Transformers game and I though it might be 1.8.7 or with the 1.4, so not updating to 1.4.3 should not have any effect on the ROMS?

The last dumb question...what is in the DSi shop?

Thanks again.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
thewild said:
WOW thanks for the fast reply. This forum is fantastic. My Acekard 2i sticker says "DSi Compatible" how can I check it it's the HWDI 44?

My son has problems with the latest Transformers game and I though it might be 1.8.7 or with the 1.4, so not updating to 1.4.3 should not have any effect on the ROMS?

The last dumb question...what is in the DSi shop?

Thanks again.
Updating your dsi doesn't affect game compatibility. You're better off updating AKAIO to 1.8.8.

You can buy DSi exclusive games and such from the DSi shop. Basically, it's like the Apple app store.

EDIT: I think that when you try to update, the updater tells your acekard's HWID (either 4444 or 8181). If it says 8181, you won't have problems updating your ak2i, although you really don't have to if you're not going to update your DSi's firmware to 1.4.3

thewild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I update and the updater says HWID 4444 those are the older cards which have problems, I can abort the update without damaging my card?

This is the correct file to update the DSi ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143_onDSi_NO44.nds

Thanks again

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
thewild said:
So if I update and the updater says HWID 4444 those are the older cards which have problems, I can abort the update without damaging my card?

This is the correct file to update the DSi ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143_onDSi_NO44.nds

Thanks again
Yeah, the updater gives you an option to abort (or turn the power off before you start the process)

That updater would be the correct one to use on a DSi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E