Acecard 2i or Acecard 2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by pat_11_5, Oct 5, 2009.

Oct 5, 2009

Acecard 2i or Acecard 2 by pat_11_5 at 2:57 PM (1,122 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. pat_11_5
    OP

Newcomer pat_11_5 Newbie

Canada
    I've been using an old supercard for a long time and recently decided to pick up an Acecard. I own a regular DS Lite and for some odd reason I thought that getting an Acecard 2i would be an intelligent idea. With a regular DS would I have been better going with the Acecard 2. I've been doing some research and from what I can tell certain homebrew programs wont work on the Acecard 2i, moonshell 2 for example. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    All homebrew work including MoonShell 2. The Acekard (not Acecard), is an excellent flashcart and I highly recommend you to use one. I suggest you to get the "i" version just in case you decide to buy a DSi later. The "i" version is usually only a few dollars extra anyway.

3. pat_11_5
    OP

Newcomer pat_11_5 Newbie

Canada
    Cool, I think that was probably my thinking when I purchased it. So all homebrew and such is compatible with the 2i? Goodstuff, i've already ordered it so I was a little worried.

4. Whipple

Member Whipple GBAtemp Regular

United States
    In my opinion you made the right decision.

I feel that the Acekard 2i being newer and backwards compatible across all the DS lines (Phat, Lite, and i) will be the one that developers will concentrate on in the future.

In any event, you are purchasing a great card. I am very happy with mine.

5. pat_11_5
    OP

Newcomer pat_11_5 Newbie

Canada
    awesome, thanks for your help

6. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    but if your sure your not getting the dsi go get the acekard 2.1 ive owned both and the 2.1 has less contact issues

but the 2i is great too