Ace3ds firmware help

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by TheZixGamer, Apr 1, 2016.

1. TheZixGamer
    OP

TheZixGamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2016
    Hello guys :)

I've just bought an "Ace3ds Plus" flashcard from digimartz, and I'm just a little bit confused in regards to what firmware I install on it.

On there website, http://www.ace3ds.com/ace-3ds-download.html there are two zip files "ACE Wood Firmware v1.62" and "AOS v2.13" and I was hoping you guys might be able to tell me which one I'm supposed to use, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to flashcart's so sorry if this is a dumb question!

I have a 3DS v9.2 if this helps!

2. Food

Food Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Wood is a great firmware to use as it supports basically every NDS game out there, as for "AOS v2.13" i wouldn't know what that is sorry.

3. onedayflie

onedayflie Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2015
    Netherlands
    Kerkrade
    AOS is the version with menu and build-in emulators of former consoles, just try it, you'll find out with no harm.

4. odious

odious Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
    The wood firmware is just for booting DS roms, AOS is a menu with other apps and features. If you only care about playing DS games, just use the Wood version.

5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I have a ace3ds, sadly it doesn't work anymore. I usually never have good experiences when buying flash carts. First was acekard 2i or whatever is called from china, had to use some cardboard trick to make it work, then is just don't work anymore. After DSI came out, got a R4i SDHC and that seem to never get updates to work. Then got ace3ds with the huge USB cart carring case and it worked for only about 2 months, and that was it. Then i got a more expensive DSTWO which i actually like but oh boy was it expensive. over $40 But it had In game cheats and other useful stuff like save states and game save switching so more than one person can have save data for games like pokemon. It one of the best from my experience but i misplaced it and the 32GB sd card when i decide to play super smash bros on my 3DS and now is been gone ever since.

As much as i like flash carts i just had trouble with them so i been skeptical about buying more. Seem like the ones from china are defective for some reason. Not to mention that DHL delivery service, You will be waiting a whole month to see that cart... if you want free shipping.:glare:

6. odious

odious Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
    I like this one just fine. Decent build quality. Can boot straight to Wood so I can have a nice clean list of my DS games. And it's not like there are new games to update compatibility for.