ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
DeSmume gets it in English, but it runs poorly (slow and the music changes its tempo frequently). I played around with the settings to see if that would help, but I think it is too demanding of my PC. So there's really now way to fix that problem on No$GBA?
AFAIK, no way to play this on No$GBA yet.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
DeSmume gets it in English, but it runs poorly (slow and the music changes its tempo frequently). I played around with the settings to see if that would help, but I think it is too demanding of my PC. So there's really now way to fix that problem on No$GBA?

It can be played with No$gba.

No$gba (win): NO$GBA > Options> Emulation Setup, and then a window will open with all the emulation settings(as you might already know),
then you just change the Reset/Startup Entrypoint from Start Cartridge directly to GBA BIOS(Nintendo logo).

Also, you may need to encrypt it with the tool eNDryptS Advanced v1.2:
http://www.no-intro.org/gbadat/tools/eNDryptS_Advanced_v1.2_NDS-iND.zip

-Elegance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be played with No$gba.

No$gba (win): NO$GBA > Options> Emulation Setup, and then a window will open with all the emulation settings(as you might already know),
then you just change the Reset/Startup Entrypoint from Start Cartridge directly to GBA BIOS(Nintendo logo).

Also, you may need to encrypt it with the tool eNDryptS Advanced v1.2:
http://www.no-intro.org/gbadat/tools/eNDryptS_Advanced_v1.2_NDS-iND.zip

Is this just to get the game working, or to get the translation to work? The game runs fine, but it's in gibberish. I encrypted it and got the same result. Every time I change the Start Cartridge to GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo) it reverts back to Start Cartridge when I open No$gba again. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is this just to get the game working, or to get the translation to work? The game runs fine, but it's in gibberish. I encrypted it and got the same result. Every time I change the Start Cartridge to GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo) it reverts back to Start Cartridge when I open No$gba again. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

If you see gibberish, that means piracy protection. It might be that you only need encryption for that. That program is really easy when you put rom in same folder as program.

And if I remember correctly, you need to save options to make them stay in nogba,

BonezJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried both patching methods, And playing the original Japanese release. They play fine but Theres NO VOICES ! It's driving me crazy . Am I doing something wrong? I'm playing on DS with R4i . PLEASE Help !

camulodunum

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys!.

i'm representing a new team that would try to translate the game into spanish.

for that purpose,i come to ask if someone can say me how to contact the original team of this game , to espeak with them and ask for some help with the tables and the find the archives with text.

thanks for help!!.

linkx111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone like me playing this on desmume, download desmume.jit. Just do a quick google search and you'll find it! It's a refined version of desmume already preset to not lag! The game runs perfectly fine with this emulator!

Oh and thank you so much for this wonderful translation! It really has a professional feel to it, it even retains the original characters personalities! You guys are amazing!! 8D

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably been pointed out before somewhere, but did I catch a Portal reference during The Forgotten Turnabout?

Ray:
Kay! Now's not the time to be thinking with portals!

...or something along those lines.

biznizz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've finally completed the game! There were a few hiccups here and there, but I'm more likely to blame the R4 than the patch. Other than the typical stuff like the text not finishing if you go to the save screen or the Organizer because of the patch, the translation seems superb.

I did have sort of a panicked moment when I had to do the fingerprint powder when playing on my 3DSXL and the mic didn't seem to pick up. But fortunately, I temporarily switched over to my DS and used its mic to blow the powder away and was able to continue.

Now all I have to do get get an old DS case, print out the boxart from the PDF and I'll have physical copies of all the Ace Attorney games (save for Dual Destinies; still kinda peeved that was a digital release only but whatever). All we can hope for is Dai Gyakuten Saiban/Great Ace Attorney to be localized for an international release; hopefully with a cart release. And that it won't take the... what was it, three/four years that PLvsPWAA had.

OcassionallyLawful

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For anyone who is having technical difficulties with getting this to work in an R4 card - original or otherwise - I'd like to refer you to this:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/YSMenu
and/or this:
http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=28719.0

And when you have YaSu menu running, go here for an update:
http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.msg1448823#msg1448823

I made it work perfectly on my DS, personally.

(Could this be added as an alternative in the main post? Hope I'm not imposing, but it might save frustrated newcomers the research)

whereskoolaidman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally oversaved my data towards the end of trail 2. can someone please help me out by either sending me their completed rom, or any AR codes? please!!
i was really getting into the game but i accidentally over saved it with the quicksave function. please help :(

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I accidentally oversaved my data towards the end of trail 2. can someone please help me out by either sending me their completed rom, or any AR codes? please!!
i was really getting into the game but i accidentally over saved it with the quicksave function. please help :(

12) I lost my save, what can I do??
It seem many have this problem so I add this here, I will clean up for the final patch:
Beginning of Case 4: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ht604xor6b5zy7z/case_4,_part_1.zip

A collection of saves: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m353oyn9caair5d/gk2 saves.7z

whereskoolaidman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much! I must have completely ignored that section when I was looking through the thread. But now I have 2 stupid questions
1) How do you use the save file(s)? I uploaded the rom, and then did import background memory for both and it didn't work
2) Do I really need to patch the game...because I don't know how to do that either

In otther words I'm useless lol
thanks for your help though!

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you so much! I must have completely ignored that section when I was looking through the thread. But now I have 2 stupid questions
1) How do you use the save file(s)? I uploaded the rom, and then did import background memory for both and it didn't work
2) Do I really need to patch the game...because I don't know how to do that either

Wait, I don't get it, how did you even get to the 2nd case if you didn't patch the game?

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Can you tell which emulator or flash card are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...