Gaming ace attorney 5 digital only release

rupok93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.videogamer.com/3ds/phoen...ies_given_digital-only_release_in_europe.html

http://kotaku.com/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies-is-coming-504590832

UPDATE: Its digital only in the whole west

capcom had this to say in reply to kotaku:

“Historically it’s been tough to attract long term retail support for Ace Attorney titles. With the release of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies we wanted as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the game for as long as possible. With that in mind we have opted for a digital only release via the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

"We understand that this decision may upset fans who wanted to have a physical version of the title to add to their collection but we believe this direction is the best to take to ensure that fans are able to enjoy the game at their own leisure.

"We will be confirming details on the price point soon so please stay tuned for more information on the latest in the Ace Attorney series.”

What do you guys think about this?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People will probably still call me out on this but guys the evidence is piling up. At this point its still assumptions but its an assumption with some merit. Publishers don't randomly decide out of the blue they are gonna go digital only.
The thing is, the series is not THAT popular; they might be doing this to ensure they won't be stuck with unsold copies. It's also a lot cheaper because there are no manufacturing costs. So yeah, just a company wanting to make money IMO.

rupok93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not everyone has the best internet connections in the world, many people have issues connection 3ds to the internet, people don't want a single point of failure for a 3ds where if your 3ds is gone so is all your games, and the list goes on and on.

Reactions: tbgtbg

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They would make more money if they ignored retail. Prices stay high in the eshop which sucks, but is good for them. Theres also no reselling. So theres only pros for nintendo
i'd expect them to sell downloadcodes though

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But you live in Brazil. You can buy an american retail version.
that´s why i´m afraid of being robbed so much. :P

i´m sure that the games are the same from North America , it was rare to have a game in portuguese,but now most games are translated.
and the Eshop is practically the same thing, but translated to portuguese.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
If this is true then it looks like a game i wont be getting, despite maybe wanting to play it.

Big games should have a cart, its part of the excitement of a new game, having the case/book and cart copy so you can show it off to your friends.

rupok93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the source of this?

http://kotaku.com/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies-is-coming-504590832

"That's right, a digital release. Hope you've got a big SD card: Phoenix Wright's new adventure ain't coming on a cartridge, according to Capcom's announcement today, which specifies that the game "will be available to purchase digitally""

If this is true then it looks like a game i wont be getting, despite maybe wanting to play it.
Big games should have a cart, its part of the excitement of a new game, having the case/book and cart copy so you can show it off to your friends.

I will still get the game but just very annoyed. I am a huge ace attorney fan but I am afraid that this digital only thing will just make people not buy it even though the game is good.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, at least it will be localized. Perhaps if the sales are good, they will consider bringing Investigations 2 to the west.
@rupok93: Stop using a black font. People who use the black theme can barely read what you posted.

Reactions: Deleted User

rupok93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm perfectly fine with this. The Ace Attorney games are far from blockbuster selling. Making it digital means Capcom minimise any financial risk and we get the game.
But yeah, feel free to bitch on everyone.

Except there is a huge chance the game might sell even less because there is no retail and as an ace attorney fan I am afraid of that. How is the average joe who never bothers to go on the eshop gonna know about the game when he goes to gamestop? Are people with horrible internet connections even gonna bother to get the game? What about the people who were mildly interested in the series but now don't care because they don't buy digital releases?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.