Hacking Accidently deleted all files on new R4

xsoulofice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently purchased a new DS (the original, not the SDHC) from Hong Kong which came with a free R4 SDHC card. I decided to give this one to my brother so we didnt have to constantly share the same one. Thinking that I could just copy and paste all of the files on the old R4 to the new one, I deleted everything the new R4 had, including the system files. Since then, whenever I load the new R4 on a DS it stays on the loading screen and doesn't change. Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks!

ivobhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That happens because the system files of the "old R4" aren't compatible with the R4 SDHC. You have to download the proper kernel on the manufacturer site of the R4 SDHC.

www.r4sdhc.com

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not necessarily the kernel he needs. First look at the card. If there is a web address that is where you need to download the firmware kernel.

ivobhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hundshamer said:
That's not necessarily the kernel he needs. First look at the card. If there is a web address that is where you need to download the firmware kernel.

Oh yeah, i forgot that there are so many R4 fakes and clones and it could probably be another site.

Well, do what hundshamer said, check the site on the box or the flashcart itself and get the kernel from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...