accidentally updated to 9.6, don't know how to downgrade (I have a 4.5 NAND backup)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by HoboKen95, Mar 26, 2015.

1. HoboKen95
    OP

HoboKen95 Banned

Banned
    Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    I hope I don't need to take apart my 3ds...

2. Jim~

Jim~ GBAtemp Regular

Apr 29, 2007
    United States
    You also need to solder. Or ship your 3ds to someone who can.

3. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica

The only hope you at the moment is getting a hard mod done by someone like Avalynn or hundshamer, assuming you're based in the US (I assume you are, since your membership country is set to US), unless you can solder wires yourself.

4. obs123194

obs123194 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    I recommend avalynn.

daxtsu likes this.
  5. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    3DS is more difficult than the XL. I actually modded one of my 3DS's using the point under the game slot without fully removing the slot. Because, boss. Just pay someone to do it. Shouldn't be more than $30.

EDIT: Ava does it for $10 apparently.

obs123194 likes this.
  6. obs123194

obs123194 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    I can vouch for that. Avalynn did an awesome job on my new 3ds xl. She's trustworthy and caring about her hard mod service. She's just trying to help others out instead of profiting.

7. alin72

alin72 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for your posts guys. Now I know who to turn to if I ever screw my new 3ds.

8. Osmosis

Osmosis Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    BAD NEWS: broh... you have to take it apart.

GOOD NEWS: You made a backup of sysNAND. I'm jealous.

INTERESTING NEWS: Since you're doing it anyways, might as well mod a micro USB port into the 3DS just in case it ever happens again.

MOST BOGUS RADICAL INFOMATIONAL NEWS DUDE: Yes, they have tutorials on GBATemp on how to do this.

If you can mod an Xbox controller you can mod a 3DSXL. It's not that hard.

You will need all your regular soldering tools and a special screwdriver (I use the same one I fix iPhones with) some pcb parts, wire, and an SD adapter card (I have so many lying around I use them as tokens when playing magic)

Live in Jersey? Take a trip down to Rutgers and I'll help you... you can read some comics and homepass while the soldering smoke smells up the room. It's a great high.

[​IMG]

ravihpa likes this.