Hacking Accidentally updated a game

jesusssz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I accidentally updated a game following a tutorial in YT, i was trying to connect my switch to my computer without turning it off to transfer stuff with FTP, then when i was going to verify if internet was not connecting to Nintendo, it actually updated the game, then it turned off, when i try to turn it on again, all i can see is sept logo then atmosphere logo really quickly then just a black screen. I'm freaking out.

jesusssz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I accidentally updated a game following a tutorial in YT, i was trying to connect my switch to my computer without turning it off to transfer stuff with FTP, then when i was going to verify if internet was not connecting to Nintendo, it actually updated the game, then it turned off, when i try to turn it on again, all i can see is sept logo then atmosphere logo really quickly then just a black screen. I'm freaking out.
Following to the video, i was suppose to see if it was not connecting to Nintendo by trying to update a game then showing a error, but it updated.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Following to the video, i was suppose to see if it was not connecting to Nintendo by trying to update a game then showing a error, but it updated.
update atmosphere files to the latest ver and you should be able to launch cfw... and yeah, congrats on your ofw update, no downgrade for you now with burnt fuses

Last edited by bad361,

jesusssz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
update atmosphere files to the latest ver and you should be able to launch cfw... and yeah, congrats on your ofw update, no downgrade for you now with burnt fuses
what is the latest version of atmosphere? and where can i get it? sorry for stupid questions.

jesusssz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thank you so much, i just updated it and it worked, im very happy, thank you dude, i was literally freaking out.

layzMich3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm why would someone want to downgrade? Whats the benefit of it?

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm why would someone want to downgrade? Whats the benefit of it?

in my opinion there is no point, im still safe back to version 5, if i burnt my fuses to the latest by accident and i still had cfw i wouldn't care.
my system is not for online. i dont need online features i just need cfw to work.

layzMich3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in my opinion there is no point, im still safe back to version 5, if i burnt my fuses to the latest by accident and i still had cfw i wouldn't care.
my system is not for online. i dont need online features i just need cfw to work.
So it's only matter if the CFW is updated for the latest version?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So it's only matter if the CFW is updated for the latest version?
With an exploitable switche - yes, it's basically only a matter of time until new atmos will support newer OFW versions. On ipatched switches you need to be on 4.1 or lower afaik to be able to hack it. But there's also a factor of waiting for warmboot for fully hackable switches that will be probably out at some point in the future (i don't remember for sure, but iirc all FW up to 7.0 should be able to support it). But if you don't care about warmboot, let alone online, you don't have to worry about burning fuses on an exploitable switch at all.
IQpJFVh.png

Last edited by bad361,

layzMich3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With an exploitable switche - yes, it's basically only a matter of time until new atmos will support newer OFW versions. On ipatched switches you need to be on 4.1 or lower afaik to be able to hack it. But there's also a factor of waiting for warmboot for fully hackable switches that will be probably out at some point in the future (i don't remember for sure, but iirc all FW up to 7.0 should be able to support it). But if you don't care about warmboot, let alone online, you don't have to worry about burning fuses on an exploitable switch at all.
IQpJFVh.png
Ah okey.. Been reading a lot lately understanding the scene. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E