Hardware Accidentally soldering pads

Jroid3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So basically i tried the whole "Solder joycon pads 9 & 10 together" method for booting into rcm mode, but accidentally soldered pads 8 and 10 instead. I'm going mentally insane trying to decide whether to turn on the joycon and but it into my switch.

What do it do?

-Jroid3

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Then why did you do it in the first place if I may ask, don't thinker with things you can't reverse unless you are sure it will work

Reactions: velli

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Add flux to the joint and clean the soldering iron tip. Now try to take the superflous solder using the clean tip. This works almost every time. Flux is key here because without the solder will rather behave like molten plastic than a drop of water.

And as a side note: I would not connect them directly. A fairly large resistor should be in between. Around 8-10kΩ.

velli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically i tried the whole "Solder joycon pads 9 & 10 together" method for booting into rcm mode, but accidentally soldered pads 8 and 10 instead. I'm going mentally insane trying to decide whether to turn on the joycon and but it into my switch.

What do it do?

-Jroid3
you need to undo it and do it right. thats the only solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there