ROM Hack Accidentally saved over my Pokemon Ultra Sun save. Anything I can do to recover my progress?

Nehpets700

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not entirely certain if this is the best place to explain this or not, but I'm in an interesting predicament. I've unintentionally saved over my main Ultra Sun back up and unfortunately, I don't have a back up save, at least none that aren't very far back. I tried looking online for a save that was roughly at where I was (just got onto Poni island), but I couldn't find any. I couldn't find any way to edit my game progress through an editor, either.
tl;dr Saved over my main save, not sure if I can get back to where I was. Anyone have any idea if there's anything I can do about this? Or am I just going to have to play through the game again? And if so, is there any faster way to progress? Run faster/skip text/etc?

Last edited by Nehpets700,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
How did you save over your backup? Using Checkpoint or JKSM? Many JKSM version don't actually overwrite saves if you export over an existing backup, even if it shows that it did. But no, you will have to either find another save of where you were at or play through the game again, no recovering it.

Nehpets700

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, it was complete negligence on my part. I was using Checkpoint. I backed up my file and proceeded to do a new game for reasons I won't go into, and when I attempted to back up this file, I accidentally wrote it over my main file. At least I had another save that wasn't at the very beginning of the game.
The moral of the story is to not autopilot on your save managers and actually pay attention to what you're doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz