Hacking Accidentally deleted NNID after doing 3ds.guide

ibbibby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently went through all the steps in 3ds.guide to upgrade my old 3DS (with original version software) with my old Acekard2i. It worked, but after the very last step, I ended up with a black screen on boot, I think because I forgot to set the date in System Settings after fixing the RTC date.

This is where it gets worse. I went to the Troubleshooting page, and tried to download and run remove_extdata.gm9, as per the directions there. Except I accidentally downloaded and ran remove_nnid.gm9 instead, blowing away my NNID. I realized my mistake only after I tried to reboot again.

So my question is, is it possible to restore my NNID? Was it backed up during any of the steps I did in hacking the system? Is losing my NNID a problem? If it's gone for good, do I need to do something to get a new one, and if so how?

Sorry for my idiot questions. I'm an absolute noob at this.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently went through all the steps in 3ds.guide to upgrade my old 3DS (with original version software) with my old Acekard2i. It worked, but after the very last step, I ended up with a black screen on boot, I think because I forgot to set the date in System Settings after fixing the RTC date.

This is where it gets worse. I went to the Troubleshooting page, and tried to download and run remove_extdata.gm9, as per the directions there. Except I accidentally downloaded and ran remove_nnid.gm9 instead, blowing away my NNID. I realized my mistake only after I tried to reboot again.

So my question is, is it possible to restore my NNID? Was it backed up during any of the steps I did in hacking the system? Is losing my NNID a problem? If it's gone for good, do I need to do something to get a new one, and if so how?

Sorry for my idiot questions. I'm an absolute noob at this.
I believe you can go to settings and NNID settings, it should ask if you want to log in. Just enter the NNID you have.

ibbibby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you can go to settings and NNID settings, it should ask if you want to log in. Just enter the NNID you have.
I actually have no idea what it was. I haven't used my 3DS in years, barely remember how anything on it works. Just dusted it off when I realized that the hacking scene had progressed to where I could unlock it with my old Acekard2i.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually have no idea what it was. I haven't used my 3DS in years, barely remember how anything on it works. Just dusted it off when I realized that the hacking scene had progressed to where I could unlock it with my old Acekard2i.
Would you happen to know what email was registered to the NNID? There is a forgot NNID ID at https://id.nintendo.net/account/network-id-search that can be used to help recover the ID

Reactions: ibbibby

ibbibby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, nothing coming up when I enter my email. I'm starting to think that maybe I never set one up on this thing in the first place. Is that actually possible? I never played anybody online, but don't I need one to download stuff from the Store? I never bought anything there, but I downloaded those free games that you got for buying the system at launch.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, nothing coming up when I enter my email. I'm starting to think that maybe I never set one up on this thing in the first place. Is that actually possible? I never played anybody online, but don't I need one to download stuff from the Store? I never bought anything there, but I downloaded those free games that you got for buying the system at launch.
It is possible that one was not set up. You are able to use the eshop without having a NNID on the 3ds console.

ibbibby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible that one was not set up. You are able to use the eshop without having a NNID on the 3ds console.
Whew. Guess I'm safe on that score then. That has to be one happened. Thanks!

I still have this issue of the black screens when I boot the system. I'm able to get into God Mode and Luma3DS, but when I boot normally, I just get two black screens (the screens come on, but are blank). I *suspect* this is due to me not changing the system date after fixing the RTC date. It's the only thing from 3ds.guide instructions I can think of that I left out, and I was able to install the CIAs and get through the entire guide without error, all the way to the Cleanup SD Card step.

Do you know if this a common result of forgetting to set the system date? And if so, how do I recover?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: