Hacking Accidental Update - 10.7.0-22U | What are my Options?

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a hard time understanding all the jargon all over the place.
Let's say.. I have a new 3ds xl.
My sister took it and updated to 10.7.0-32u

I was planning on buying a gateway, but that seems out of the question
Is this still a viable option, or do I need to get one of the new sky3ds+ cards and find my backup of cubic ninja?

Edit:
I was reading somewhere that it's possible to still downgrade this update?
Was previously on 9.5 after just buying the system, preparing to downgrade to 9.2 and then this happens.

Edit2:
SOLVED for the most part
Ordered OOT (nintendo select re-release) along with datel power saves
Prepping files for the downgrade until they get here on Thursday.

Thanks Everybody for the help! :grog:

Now, in the off-chance I soft-brick this while downgrading, what do I do?

Last edited by SkyChotik,

Grumpsta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/49ix2n/downgrade_from_105106_is_now_possible_on_o3ds/

Use all the files from there. You need OOT or Cubic Ninja to launch into Homebrew. Luckily OOT was just re-released under Nintendo Selects so you can pick up a copy for $20. Bad news is you need a way to load the exploit into the OOT cart. You can load it yourself if you have another 3DS that has access to Homebrew or you can load it yourself with a Power Saves (another $20 if you don't have one).

Reactions: SkyChotik

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oof, I think my wallet just cried a bit.
This method is safe for 10.7 not just 10.6, yes? I don't want to end up with a shiny red brick.

Grumpsta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oof, I think my wallet just cried a bit.
This method is safe, yes? I don't want to end up with a shiny red brick.

Yes, I just did a downgrade from 10.7 to 9.2. I would recommend taking the money you were going to spend on the Sky3ds and using it towards OOT and The Powersaves. You should look into emuNAND on your SD card. Eventually once you get that running and become familiar with the new processes, you can install Arm9LoaderHax(a9lh), which has enormous benefits...

Last edited by Grumpsta,

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, looking into the downgrading, is there a way without a flashcard that I can use to run backups? Looks like a9lh would still require one.

Edit:

Err, not installing a9lh seems like a good idea to me, at least for now.
RX Still working fine for playing backups?

Last edited by SkyChotik,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I just did a downgrade from 10.7 to 9.2. I would recommend taking the money you were going to spend on the Sky3ds and using it towards OOT and The Powersaves. You should look into emuNAND on your SD card. Eventually once you get that running and become familiar with the new processes, you can install Arm9LoaderHax(a9lh), which has enormous benefits...
Good. I think it's always beneficial to hang around the "old" times until you fully understand what you're doing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, looking into the downgrading, is there a way without a flashcard that I can use to run backups? Looks like a9lh would still require one.

Edit:

Err, not installing a9lh seems like a good idea to me, at least for now.
RX Still working fine for playing backups?
Rx"tools" doesn't have a function for playing "backups". You have to define backups for me. What "backups" are you playing. Sorry, but it's not making sense. There's two main kinds of backups: a sysnand/emunand and a game backup. Which one are you talking about?

Last edited by Just Passing By,

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good. I think it's always beneficial to hang around the "old" times until you fully understand what you're doing.

Backups of what? Your games or your system?

Rx"tools" doesn't have a function for playing "backups". You have to define backups for me. What "backups" are you playing. Sorry, but it's not making sense. There's two main kinds of backups: a sysnand/emunand and a game backup. Which one are you talking about?

Oh, that was my bad for not clarifying. I'm looking to play backups of games. I'm poor, so it's either I get oot&powersaves or I get a flashcard, lol.
I was just hoping I could still play backup games using cfw, since my system got updated.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh, that was my bad for not clarifying. I'm looking to play backups of games. I'm poor, so it's either I get oot&powersaves or I get a flashcard, lol.
I was just hoping I could still play backup games using cfw, since my system got updated.

You will be able to. Didn't need clarification either since you said play backups.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A backup of a game would be a save file. Are you talking about a .cia/.3ds, that is a game that was dumped in a format that allows playing on the 3ds? Sorry if the jargon's confusing, but you're a little confused on some terminology, but that's fine :P
You can install and play .cia files when you downgrade to 9.2 other than that you can't get into cfw (Rx"tools").

You will be able to. Didn't need clarification either since you said play backups.
Bro. No one "plays" backups. He was using it in the wrong context. If a backup=dump of a game in his sentence, then I guess he'd be right, but no one says that.

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I did anything like this, I had an r4 cart on the old, grey fat ds.
Everyone I knew just called "roms" "backups"

What I'm asking is if there's a way to play .cia or .3ds roms on my system using cfw instead of using a separate flashcard like sky3ds or gateway.
I've seen a couple tools for it for older firmwares, but I can't find anything recent.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What I'm asking is if there's a way to play .cia or .3ds roms on my system using cfw instead of using a separate flashcard like sky3ds or gateway.
I've seen a couple tools for it for older firmwares, but I can't find anything recent.
Ah ok, maybe they do come them backups here then and I've just never noticed :ha:. Either way, I get what you're talking about now. Yes. Once you have cfw, you can play .Cia games.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have cfw, you can use BigBlueMenu or FBI to install CIAs into your home menu, I prefer BigBlueMenu but Plailect's guide uses FBI

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Bro. No one "plays" backups. He was using it in the wrong context. If a backup=dump of a game in his sentence, then I guess he'd be right, but no one says that.

Ok, is it more likely that he meant he was going to play game backup saves? Or play SysNAND backups? :D I've seen people say play backups, especially on forums where is is against the rules to mention roms/isos etc.

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, is it more likely that he meant he was going to play game backup saves? Or play SysNAND backups? :D I've seen people say play backups, especially on forums where is is against the rules to mention roms/isos etc.

^That's mostly why I said backups instead.

Reactions: tjhooker73

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have cfw, you can use BigBlueMenu or FBI to install CIAs into your home menu, I prefer BigBlueMenu but Plailect's guide uses FBI
Boooo! Na I'm kidding. I've used BBM it's pretty cool. I love the touch screen. I wish FBI had it. ;)
Na I understand. I've just never heard a dump being referred to as a backup, so I got a little confused.

Grumpsta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If your using a New 3DS, I would recommend starting out with ReiNAND. This video guide is fantastic if you are a visual learner . If you look through his channel he has some great tutorial videos that are based off of Plailect's written guides (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/OTP-Info).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol