Hacking Accidental Update - 10.7.0-22U | What are my Options?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A backup of a game would be a save file. Are you talking about a .cia/.3ds, that is a game that was dumped in a format that allows playing on the 3ds? Sorry if the jargon's confusing, but you're a little confused on some terminology, but that's fine :P
You can install and play .cia files when you downgrade to 9.2 other than that you can't get into cfw (Rx"tools").

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bro. No one "plays" backups. He was using it in the wrong context. If a backup=dump of a game in his sentence, then I guess he'd be right, but no one says that.
Here in Scotland any game that is illegally downloaded is called a backup and pretty sure other places around the world also call them backups so it seems it is you that is getting confused by the terminology not the OP.

Reactions: Just Passing By

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend taking the money you were going to spend on the Sky3ds and using it towards OOT and The Powersaves.

He could buy the Sky3DS and put Cubic Ninja or OOT on it, and use that to downgrade. Then he'd have the Sky3DS *and* CFW.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Most likely because the original OOT3DS team dissolved and it's too much work to get them back together just to fix it.

If that's the case, I have a PowerSaves and could buy the game and load up the exploit save for people as a service.

He could buy the Sky3DS and put Cubic Ninja or OOT on it, and use that to downgrade. Then he'd have the Sky3DS *and* CFW.

I imagine OP wants to go the least expensive route.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
getting a hardmod is also an option that makes you truly immune to accidental updates in the future and guarantee you will not get bricked during the downgrade which despite being very rare and mostly due to user error *can* happen even if you use the correct files and follow the guide exactly.....and tbh will probably cost around the same price as oot+powersaves or CN

(inb4 "you just wanna sell a hardmod.......he is in America so it would be going to someone else anyway :P)

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
A backup of a game would be a save file. Are you talking about a .cia/.3ds, that is a game that was dumped in a format that allows playing on the 3ds? Sorry if the jargon's confusing, but you're a little confused on some terminology, but that's fine :P
You can install and play .cia files when you downgrade to 9.2 other than that you can't get into cfw (Rx"tools").

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bro. No one "plays" backups. He was using it in the wrong context. If a backup=dump of a game in his sentence, then I guess he'd be right, but no one says that.
The term is still dumb, but the tagline of this subforum says "Need a way to play 3DS backups? Get in here!". A lot of people use it for some reason.

Last edited by Halvorsen,
Reactions: Just Passing By

ricosuave0922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, looking into the downgrading, is there a way without a flashcard that I can use to run backups? Looks like a9lh would still require one.

Edit:

Err, not installing a9lh seems like a good idea to me, at least for now.
RX Still working fine for playing backups?
A9LH is definitely the best way to go. Its really not as hard or dangerous as it seems. If you follow the guide closely you will be fine. I have done it on 2 systems already without any problems at all.

Last edited by ricosuave0922,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1-buy sky3ds
2-download cubic ninja
3-downgrade
4-sell sky3ds

Yes, you should follow this method. It's by far the easiest way to go plus you'll have an extra way to run your games with little to no hassle. Most people here feel some need to justify their cheap-o meter by conveniently forgetting this.

Reactions: Halvorsen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello