Hacking accidental micro sd format.need help

MallowMadness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
actually this is my friends problem , he accidentally formated his 3ds micro sd card on a phone and the worst is he doesnt even have back up of all his files(i seriously dont know why and how he managed to do that).he said he only wanted to copy some music in his 3ds sd card and now he lost all of its contents.everytime he insert it at his 3ds , it doesnt boot up . what do you think guys we should do ? or is it ok to copy my folder structures in his 3ds ? thanks

Last edited by MallowMadness,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
actually this is my friends problem , he accidentally formated his 3ds micro sd card on a phone and the worst is he doesnt even have back up of all his files(i seriously dont know why and how he managed to do that).he said he only wanted to copy some music in his 3ds sd card and now he lost all of its contents.everytime he insert it at his 3ds , it doesnt boot up . what do you think guys we should do ? or is it ok to copy my folder structures in his 3ds ? thanks
Ok. This will make his 3DS to boot again. Download luma 7.0.5, 7.1 and 9.0 and put them one at a time in the root of your SD. It should boot with one them. Then just follow this. If he wants all his lost stuff, he is probably out of luck, but he can reinstall it all alter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

slap your friend penis how ACCIDENTS formats??? that does not habnes!
did he has the hackers of b9s on the 3ds? does little blues light of systems indicator turn the off imedsit?
that's amazing Engrish ;)

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

MallowMadness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Ok. This will make his 3DS to boot again. Download luma 7.0.5, 7.1 and 9.0 and put them one at a time in the root of your SD. It should boot with one them. Then just follow this. If he wants all his lost stuff, he is probably out of luck, but he can reinstall it all alter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that's amazing Engrish ;)

welp he doesnt even know what hes doing so ill try these and thanks .gonna try also those recovery tools mentioned above . thanks for your advices . last question too . yeah the savefiles cant be recovered but those purchased games can be downloaded on eshop again?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
welp he doesnt even know what hes doing so ill try these and thanks .gonna try also those recovery tools mentioned above . thanks for your advices . last question too . yeah the savefiles cant be recovered but those purchased games can be downloaded on eshop again?
yes, they can be redownloaded.

Reactions: MallowMadness
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save files can be recovered if his 3DS has custom firmware and if an app like Checkpoint or JKSM can recognize the game, even if the Nintendo Home Menu doesn't see it.

But no, saves cannot be recovered on an non-hacked 3DS with non-working SD partition (ie, System Transfer).

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell your friend to take his SD card and try to do a data recovery on a computer. You want to try to salvage whatever files that are still there. DO NOT ADD OR WRITE ANY MORE FILES ONTO THE CARD.

He's going to want to use a program like EaseUS, Wondershare, MiniTool, etc.
wow i did not know that you had suggestions beyond "remove the battery" . . . and i agree this sounds like the best course of action

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
youre lucky if you were able to at least recover the save files, but I doubt you can do anything about it, once your formatted it, that's it.
if you want to recover all the files in there, you can just send the sd card to data recovery professionals and have them deal with it.

once you inserted your 3ds'es sd card to any smartphone, what it will first do is format it to exfat or ext3/4.
so yeah, next time use a OTG card reader to do that instead not physically installing it to smartphone's sd card slot.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To my knowledge all of those are formatting tools and NOT recovery tools.
You should use GetDataBack. It's not free but I find it to work the best. You can probably find it floating around somewhere ;)
Alternatively, Recuva is free, but I had less luck with that one, however my cases weren't accidental formats, but rather corrupted or failing drives, so you might have more luck with it.

MallowMadness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i have respect on anyone on this forum so any help whether its good or bad english is fine . thanks everyone, my friend got it working with some lost fbi and stuff but reinstalled all of it which means he is really starting of again from the start.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, the second one isnt that bad