[Accident] EA Just Released Demos for FIFA 14 and UFC on the Xbox One Store... for $4.99 Each

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People keep ragging on Ground Zeroes when for all intents and purposes the game is buckets of fun. Yes, it's a very short game - it only has about 2 hours of Story Mode and a couple special missions, but guess what? That's why it costs $25 and not $60. It's not a "demo of the Phantom Pain" - it's a game in and out of itself, a prologue to the next game.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how much is the full game? did you get a discount if you purchased the demo, then the game?

blah blah blah the game is actually 5 hours long if you count in the side missions and significantly longer if you try collect all cassette tapes for more plot to listens to. And the replay value is pretty good for a game in a franchise with not much replay value. You also get an exclusive DLC for MGSV The Phantom Pain. still not worth the price tag but the "2 hour long 30$ demo" Bs is just wrong.

Reactions: Foxi4

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
The full game (which is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain IIRC) is not released yet AFAIK. Ground Zeroes is sort of a demo that pretends it's a full game.

I don't agree with this. I remember when games were constantly very short back in the day. Yes, maybe the general public expect longer games nowadays but it doesn't mean that a short game (with plenty of re playability) is a demo.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This was more than likely a tentative try at selling demos for $4.99 because in the past we used to have Demo Discs but back then they were kinda worth it because they allowed us to play new upcoming games and we didn't have the digital PSN/XBL/eShop stores around.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This was more than likely a tentative try at selling demos for $4.99 because in the past we used to have Demo Discs but back then they were kinda worth it because they allowed us to play new upcoming games and we didn't have the digital PSN/XBL/eShop stores around.

Ah, words from one's arse.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country

I agree.

I don't pretend to understand how uploading things to the Xbox Live Marketplace works, but it seems bizarre that this would be possible to do by accident, let alone two separate times.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, it's quite bizarre that it happened in the case of two games across two completely different regions, but it was explained as an accident. Whether that excuse holds water or not is not for me to judge, but I'll alter the title and the OP to reflect that.

To be fair though, I'm not sure if I'd mind "micro-releases" of sports games like this - the core game for $5 and additional teams/fighters/stadiums in the form of DLC - everyone could play the core game for pennies and if you'd want to pay extra specifically to play as your favourites, the world is your oyster. If such a setup would be cheap for the End User and profitable for the publisher, I wouldn't complain.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Yes, it's quite bizarre that it happened in the case of two games across two completely different regions, but it was explained as an accident. Whether that excuse holds water or not is not for me to judge, but I'll alter the title and the OP to reflect that.

To be fair though, I'm not sure if I'd mind "micro-releases" of sports games like this - the core game for $5 and additional teams/fighters/stadiums in the form of DLC - everyone could play the core game for pennies and if you'd want to pay extra specifically to play as your favourites, the world is your oyster. If such a setup would be cheap for the End User and profitable for the publisher, I wouldn't complain.
going of topic here, but Killer Instinct is free, and you can choose 1 fighter per week, when you like a fighter you can buy it. For barbie players, you can buy clothes as well. Now we are on season 2 of Killers Instinct, I think they will keep that at least for the rest of 2014. So basically it is your idea, without charging a small fee and outside sports genre.
Anyway, if their experience succeed, I'm sure they will expand it for other games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is pretty much the basic idea behind all F2P titles lokomelo, and to be honest, I approve of it as long as the game is not Pay2Win. It lets everyone enjoy the core experience and if you want, you can expand the game cheaply and bit by bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying