[Accident] EA Just Released Demos for FIFA 14 and UFC on the Xbox One Store... for $4.99 Each

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People keep ragging on Ground Zeroes when for all intents and purposes the game is buckets of fun. Yes, it's a very short game - it only has about 2 hours of Story Mode and a couple special missions, but guess what? That's why it costs $25 and not $60. It's not a "demo of the Phantom Pain" - it's a game in and out of itself, a prologue to the next game.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how much is the full game? did you get a discount if you purchased the demo, then the game?

blah blah blah the game is actually 5 hours long if you count in the side missions and significantly longer if you try collect all cassette tapes for more plot to listens to. And the replay value is pretty good for a game in a franchise with not much replay value. You also get an exclusive DLC for MGSV The Phantom Pain. still not worth the price tag but the "2 hour long 30$ demo" Bs is just wrong.

Reactions: Foxi4

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
The full game (which is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain IIRC) is not released yet AFAIK. Ground Zeroes is sort of a demo that pretends it's a full game.

I don't agree with this. I remember when games were constantly very short back in the day. Yes, maybe the general public expect longer games nowadays but it doesn't mean that a short game (with plenty of re playability) is a demo.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This was more than likely a tentative try at selling demos for $4.99 because in the past we used to have Demo Discs but back then they were kinda worth it because they allowed us to play new upcoming games and we didn't have the digital PSN/XBL/eShop stores around.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This was more than likely a tentative try at selling demos for $4.99 because in the past we used to have Demo Discs but back then they were kinda worth it because they allowed us to play new upcoming games and we didn't have the digital PSN/XBL/eShop stores around.

Ah, words from one's arse.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country

I agree.

I don't pretend to understand how uploading things to the Xbox Live Marketplace works, but it seems bizarre that this would be possible to do by accident, let alone two separate times.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, it's quite bizarre that it happened in the case of two games across two completely different regions, but it was explained as an accident. Whether that excuse holds water or not is not for me to judge, but I'll alter the title and the OP to reflect that.

To be fair though, I'm not sure if I'd mind "micro-releases" of sports games like this - the core game for $5 and additional teams/fighters/stadiums in the form of DLC - everyone could play the core game for pennies and if you'd want to pay extra specifically to play as your favourites, the world is your oyster. If such a setup would be cheap for the End User and profitable for the publisher, I wouldn't complain.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Yes, it's quite bizarre that it happened in the case of two games across two completely different regions, but it was explained as an accident. Whether that excuse holds water or not is not for me to judge, but I'll alter the title and the OP to reflect that.

To be fair though, I'm not sure if I'd mind "micro-releases" of sports games like this - the core game for $5 and additional teams/fighters/stadiums in the form of DLC - everyone could play the core game for pennies and if you'd want to pay extra specifically to play as your favourites, the world is your oyster. If such a setup would be cheap for the End User and profitable for the publisher, I wouldn't complain.
going of topic here, but Killer Instinct is free, and you can choose 1 fighter per week, when you like a fighter you can buy it. For barbie players, you can buy clothes as well. Now we are on season 2 of Killers Instinct, I think they will keep that at least for the rest of 2014. So basically it is your idea, without charging a small fee and outside sports genre.
Anyway, if their experience succeed, I'm sure they will expand it for other games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is pretty much the basic idea behind all F2P titles lokomelo, and to be honest, I approve of it as long as the game is not Pay2Win. It lets everyone enjoy the core experience and if you want, you can expand the game cheaply and bit by bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye I am going AMD this gen still debating 7900XT or XTX