1. gRoberts84

OP gRoberts84 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi all,

When trying to get Atmosphere 0.92 setup on my iPatched 4.1.0, I accidentally loaded CFW (it was showing 4.1.0 - AMS 0.92) but outside of EmuMMC.

I was not online and I didn't do anything except restart, however mindful that this has left a trace?

I'm planning on keeping the entire on 90DNS, so shouldn't be an issue, but it's on my mind?!

2. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    You shouldn't be banned for just using CFW, especially when AMS is so clean nowadays. Plenty of users who use CFW on sysnand without getting banned (they just don't install NSPs or play pirated games). You should be just fine.

ELY_M and gRoberts84 like this.
  3. gRoberts84

OP gRoberts84 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I thought as much but squeaky bum moment when I read somewhere else about absolutely not going into CFW unless via EmuMMC.

Atmosphere 0.92 was automatically booting into CFW when warmbooting, so had no choice :(

Thank you !!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sign, one step forwards, two steps back lol

Boot into OFW, access hbmenu without any issues, however boot into CFW and it's empty and I cannot select the switch folder from the file menu hbmenu has. Removed archive bits etc too.

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Well if that 4.1.0 firmware get updated you are fucked, that why there is the recommendation to use emunand so you can update that.

gRoberts84 likes this.
  5. gRoberts84

OP gRoberts84 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I'm running 4.1.0 on OFW and 7.1.0 on CFW now. Any idea why hbmenu would work fine on OFW, but it won't on CFW?

6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If you load Atmosphere on sysnand that is on CFW, not on emunand, by default to enter homebrew menu you hold down R while pressing A. You could install the homebrew menu nsp.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-menu-loader-legal-nsp.518433/

7. gRoberts84

OP gRoberts84 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hmmm, weird. Copied the switch folder and called it apps. Can't access the switch folder and nothing shows up, but if I go into the apps folder, I can see all my NRO's and access them.

8. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Not sure then as I don't use EmuMMC

9. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 Banned
    Banned

United Kingdom
    This isn't true. Be careful with what information you try and spread.

milomc123 likes this.
  10. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    And just saying it's not true doesn't count for anything. Plenty of people on here running AMS on OFW without being banned. Calm down, relax, and research yourself before you start telling others something false.

11. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Don't change the folder name.

ELY_M likes this.
  12. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Well the NAND would still be considered dirty, would eventually be flagged for a ban, just that you might get lucky and not get ban, obviously installing NSP would flag a high chance of ban due to the way Nintendo detect if that game has a legit ticket or not.

13. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Another topic for another thread. It wouldn't necessarily be dirty/flagged/banned if no errors occurred. In any case, let's keep this on topic.

Any use of a CFW has a risk of a ban. Nobody in here can guarantee you will never get banned. You can either self-ban yourself, or wait for the real ban. If you accessed your OFW with CFW prior to making a backup, you can no longer make a completely clean backup. Your roll of the dice, OP.

14. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 4, 2019, Reason: No need for this.
    Jul 4, 2019 Show
  15. gRoberts84

OP gRoberts84 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I'm unable to access any of the NRO's if I don't? Almost like CFW is actively blocking the switch folder, as pressing B to go back to folder view, allows me to see the switch folder, but I cannot click on it like the others?

Are you aware of any reasons it is doing this?

I done a shed load of research before receiving the Switch, so made sure that as soon as I got it, I followed the SDSetup guide, it's never been "online" (90DNS) and I made an immediate backup once I was able to warmboot into Hekate.

This occurred later on when trying to boot into EmuMMC and it unfortunately booted into non-emummc CFW. I checked the firmware version and then immediately restarted without the SD card in and I was back into OFW.

16. eyeliner

Portugal
    The folder structure is sdcard:\switch\checkpoint

For instance...
    There's nothing to it...

17. gRoberts84

OP gRoberts84 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Just to clarify, when going through the warmboot process with Caffeine, I can access hbmenu and all the nro's in the switch folder, as I have to run Inject Fake News, from hbmenu.

Then, after running the fake news to get into Hetake and then launching my Emunand CFW, holding R and pressing album (or anything for that matter) loads hbmenu with a message that the switch folder is empty.

Pressing B to see the folders on my SD card, shows the switch folder but when pressing A or tapping it, it does nothing. I can, however open any other folder, including a copy of the switch folder and it's contents.

18. eyeliner

Portugal
    Format the card FAT32, for shits and giggles. What's left for you to do?

19. gRoberts84

OP gRoberts84 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Already in FAT32 with 32kb

20. eyeliner

Portugal
    Apologies. I cannot assist you further.

gRoberts84 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Accessed, iPatched, without