Access ps4 external hard drive

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Thanks for reading.
I want to access the external usb hard drive plugged into my ps4 which is formatted as extended storage, then transfer files from extended storage to a second usb hard drive which i will later unplug from the ps4 and connect to my pc.
I can access the internal hard drive using filezilla, but don't know how to access the external drive.
Can you help.
Thank you

Last edited by John11,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Thanks for reading.
I want to access the external usb hard drive plugged into my ps4 which is formatted as extended storage, then transfer files from extended storage to a second usb hard drive which i will later unplug from the ps4 and connect to my pc.
I can access the internal hard drive using filezilla, but don't know how to access the external drive.
Can you help.
Thank you
Extended is /mnt/ext0 the usb will be /mnt/usb0

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Extended is /mnt/ext0 the usb will be /mnt/usb0

Thanks ! Where is that under the filezilla menu tabs, where should i go

Also, is it possible to plug the ps4 extended format hard drive, into a pc. I read in an earlier post that the pc can't read the ps4 encryption

Many thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ! Where is that under the filezilla menu tabs, where should i go

Also, is it possible to plug the ps4 extended format hard drive, into a pc. I read in an earlier post that the pc can't read the ps4 encryption

Many thanks
It's a location when you connect Filezilla to ftp. Yes, windows won't be able to read the drive.

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a location when you connect Filezilla to ftp. Yes, windows won't be able to read the drive.

Right, but i mean where is the location, where do i go, what is the exact folder pathway.

Also, The reason for this is because i had a database crash and lost all the games, the ps4 is not indexing the games anymore.
I watched a few youtube videos and learnt how to get the games back on the internal hard drive, but not the external hard drive.
Is there anyway to get the external hard drive games back on firmware 9.00 Have been searching everywhere but no luck. Found something on a modded warfare video but it was for firmware 7.55 and i can't get it to work on 9.0

Thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, but i mean where is the location, where do i go, what is the exact folder pathway.

Also, The reason for this is because i had a database crash and lost all the games, the ps4 is not indexing the games anymore.
I watched a few youtube videos and learnt how to get the games back on the internal hard drive, but not the external hard drive.
Is there anyway to get the external hard drive games back on firmware 9.00 Have been searching everywhere but no luck. Found something on a modded warfare video but it was for firmware 7.55 and i can't get it to work on 9.0

Thanks
Unmount the drive, mount it again while hen is running.

John11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I dunno what happened. Turned on the ps4 and all the games are there, came back for some unknown reason, and they all work as well. Can't figure it.

Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?