Homebrew Access Homebrew without Wii U Gamepad?

PerryStyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please re-read my statement, I did not say the gamepad was the problem, I said the sd card might not have been recognized by the Wii u system. Remove the sd card, blow into the card slot, and reinsert it, also maybe clean the contacts as well. :)
I have read your statement thoroughly and I am telling again, the absence of the gamepad is the problem. Mii Maker needs the gamepad to launch, but since I do not have one, I am forced to hit cancel when the system prompts me to turn on my Wii U gamepad. As soon as I hit cancel I get the error, so I am 100 positive the error is due to the lack of the gamepad.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I really do not think it is the gamepad that is at fault, as whenever I click the activate button on the loadiine.ovh link the Wii U console asks me to turn on the Wii U gamepad, whcih I do not have. Therefore I am forced to hit cancel and I get an FGS Mountsouce failed. Homebrew launched flawlessly with gamepad, now it is not.
oookay, I don't see any problems with the sd card, just to be safe redownload the homebrew launcher and run it from the home menu.

PerryStyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oookay, I don't see any problems with the sd card, just to be safe redownload the homebrew launcher and run it from the home menu.
How am I supposed to redownload the homebrew launcher if I can't access the browserhax to run fw.img? I have a homebrew channal but it doesnt work without IOSU enabled

PerryStyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get a gamepad, download and install the ds game, install haxchi
cbhc doesn't require a gamepad but haxchi does, unless you edit your meta.xml ds gamefile with ftpwiiu everywhere
Yeah I might just do that, I do not think I can get around the problem I am having. Time to ask around my school to see if anybody can lend me their gamepad for a day.

I thank everyone for trying to help me out.

NewNoob

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can sort of make an option to use the wiiremote/wiiupro controller on the tv with the cbhc menu to access the homebrew launcher. You have to use ftpiiu everywhere & filezilla together and change the drc use in a string with your ds vc title in the meta.xml file (<drc_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">2</drc_use>" and then you can see the menu on your tv and start it that way. I will try and find my original explanantion on how to do this but my god to explain it all again is a mammoth job and if your not very confident with filezilla anyway you should not attempt it. Try the search box in the tutorials section its in there somewhere. Tbh a wiiu without the actual gamepad alongside is a bit silly and makes the console pretty much redundant anyway! I cannot see the point in using a wiiu without the gamepad, it sort of takes all the fun out of using the wiiu in the first instance..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is probably the SD card wasn't read properly. The sd card slots on wii u is pretty bad, so maybe try blowing into it and reinserting it a few times until it works. If you need to check, Load the vwii menu and look at the bottom left, the sd card should be blue, if you can access it like normal, then it should be inserted properly, just try again.

Still I wonder why other people are telling you such other stuff you didn't ask, the first post was about "How can you control the homebrew loader without GAMEPAD" which i hope i answered. Someone really should have done something about that. Unless i missed the part when you asked for help on something else. :ninja:

Hi

Reecey posted some ideas about making it so wiimotes could work in this situation... is there a way at all anyone could help a total noob in a pickle here. Been reading for weeks about what to do and how to solve. I’m no tech guy! But this seems about the most genius way out of this predicament I’m in.....

I Am new to all this. I’ve been reading all of the posts and been in awe at the knowledge and skills here. Need a little help. Would be so great full to breathe life into my treasured WiiU and get back to games on HD.

I’d been successfully with my WIIU homebrew. Then was trying to put homebrew on my main WiiU menu as a icon. Something went wrong here. I may have done CBH and launcher. I’m unsure. They may be struggling.

I had almost given up. But read some posts about stuck wiius. I repaired my SD in laptop. And instead of just black screen and wiiu menu loading and blacking it went to launcher.

I used my game pad on my other WiiU. And so can’t sync the WiiU pad back to this stuck WiiU.
I can’t uninstall anything and get back WiiU menu. As I need the pad. But I can’t sync a new pad unless at start / WiiU menu, which I can’t grt to.

Does this make any sense? Yes can post screen photos if it helps.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.