Homebrew AC:NL save messed up after unistalling Freeshop download and installing it through .cia

karikatourea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, I made a similar post again,which I quote here, but then I had an insight about the problem.

"I own two CFWed o3DS, and I'm trying to transfer my save to my second console.
On the first 3ds save is normal and playable. But when I export it with checkpoint, move it to my second 3DS and restore it, it corrupts. I tried it a couple of times to be sure there's nothing wrong with the transfer, and there isn't.
Can I fix this somehow?"

At console no.1, the save works fine. The game is a .cia exported from my cartridge.
At console no.2, the save worked fine at first. The save corrupted when I unistalled my downloaded from freeshop game (I got panicked), installed a .cia (same region as before, if that matters), and restored the save. I can make a new save normally. I can't export a .cia from the cartridge again because I gave it to a friend. And I can't download from freeshop again.

Anything I can try?

Sorry for asking again.

karikatourea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I did, still save corrupted.
Then I region changed the 3ds, live in Europe and the game is also EU, but the 3ds is USAian (and bought it pretty cheaply because of that). Still corrupted.
Guess the only thing left to try is make an exact copy of my save through the animal crossing online save editor?

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That will most likely work. I remember back when I played that game a lot that when I got a new 3ds, the save was corrupted on their, but it work fine on the old 3ds. Neither of them had CFW, and all I did was take the cart out and stick it in the new 3ds.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Make a new save, then import the known good save over it.
It should automatically delete/change the secure value (at least JKSM does this), if not there should be an option in the GUI.
The secure value in ACNL is important, because it's used to make sure you can't restore an older save, and also prevents you from importing a save from another console unless the secure value is deleted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work