AC:NL House Expansion Values

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by SJ64, Nov 9, 2016.

1. SJ64
    OP

SJ64 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    I've been trying all day to find a way to easily upgrade my home to a mansion. The current NTR plugin nor the save editor don't have a feature for this, and every other program is outdated because of the update. I've used Google multiple times, followed several guides, searched everywhere for offsets and values, and downloaded various programs. Still nothing, no matter how hard I try. I'm guessing it has to do something with the update, but maybe it's just me. If anyone knows how to edit these values and what they are, please tell me.

2. letoons

letoons Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2016
    United States
    The RAM editing thread has compiled an excel sheet of known values and what you can edit them too.

I don't have the update, so I'm not sure if it messes things up or not with these values. I can try to mess around with it as well, if you want.

Last edited by letoons, Nov 10, 2016
  3. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Doesn't hex editing corrupt your save?

4. letoons

letoons Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2016
    United States
    In the times I've done it, it has never corrupted mine.

5. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    I changed one byte in gardenplus.dat to see if it was the tan offset and it corrupted my save once I reimported it. :/ So I just manually edited it with NTR.

6. letoons

letoons Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2016
    United States
    Hm, that's odd...
    Like I said, I don't have the update so perhaps I shouldn't speak on it. I'm going to try and edit a few offsets, and see if I spoke too soon.

EDIT Just changed the entire outside of my house, tan, hair color and style. Didn't change the size yet since I haven't met Lyle in this file yet but it is all working on my end.

Last edited by letoons, Nov 10, 2016
  7. SJ64
    OP

SJ64 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    [​IMG]
    This is apparently the RAM address to the mayor's main room size. I have it fully expanded in-game, yet the value is still zero and not four. Something seems seriously wrong here, especially since this happened to me on a pre-update save file, too.

Last edited by SJ64, Nov 10, 2016
  8. letoons

letoons Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2016
    United States
    Hm, maybe upload and send me your save? I'll see if I can do it.
    I don't know what NTR is since I mainly run just homebrew with themehax, but if you can upload it I'll see if I can try it on mine?

9. SJ64
    OP

SJ64 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    Well, here's my shitty town. I might just be editing the wrong file. In this case, it's garden_plus.dat. I'm pretty sure that converting saves to RAM doesn't work anymore, which might be the problem. Then again, I could still be wrong and you could edit garden_plus.dat the same way you could edit acnlram.bin.

Attached Files:

10. AshleyCummings

AshleyCummings Gamer Girl

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Simmers Nation
    so there could be a chance to find a way to upgrade all the houses to max easier?

11. SJ64
    OP

SJ64 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    Most likely, yeah.

AshleyCummings likes this.
  12. AshleyCummings

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Simmers Nation
    good Luck ! I really hope someone finds a way I have 4 characters 3 of which are new and have tiny houses, my main player has been around sense Acnl's existence so she has the biggest house ..its a pain to upgrade and wait I wish there was a way to batch upgrade..give me one full sum price to upgrade fully ..

13. letoons

letoons Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, I can't edit it. :(
    So sorry that I couldn't but the updated data isn't recognized, so there is no real way I can edit.

If you don't have the update, I can edit it for you. :)
    All of them will be a little work and all of the players have met Lyle, it should be easily done.

14. AshleyCummings

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Simmers Nation
    sadly I have the newest Amiibo update .. Its odd that Nooklings can get a NTR cheat to upgrade to the fullest but sadly Houses can't get a similar cheat I will just leave my other players alone I am tired of the annoying waiting and upgrading of the house .. heck a way copy the main players house as all the others players would be nice too..