about using 2 loaders

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by zero2exe, Jul 8, 2012.

Jul 8, 2012

about using 2 loaders by zero2exe at 5:17 PM (716 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. zero2exe
    OP

Member zero2exe GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    I'm sorry if this isn't the right section for asking this but I don't see a better place to do so @_@

I use a TTDS with retro's kernel which runs fine with every rom I put in, however the loading time for any given game usually takes about 2-3 minutes which is kinda frustrating. That's why last year I tried using WAIO for ttds which basically could load any of my roms at the time in less than 5 seconds using wood4tt as the main menu while having YSmenu as an alternative loader to load newer games. Therefore after wood4tt wasn't updated anymore I just kept updating the YSmenu part with retro's updates up until recently when somehow my card started loading YSmenu as the main loader despite the favlauncher being set up to load wodd4tt.nds first.

Anyway after that rather long explanation of my situation I'll get to the actual questions:

1.- Is it normal for YSmenu to take about 2-3 minutes to load any game? Or does it have to do with the sd card I'm using? Or do I just need a certain setup in the root of the sd for them to work faster?

2.- How can I manually install 2 different loaders so I have the old wood4tt (or anything that's faster) to load older games and the YSmenu for newer ones at the same time?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    1. Could be your SD card. Do you know what class it is? If it doesn't say on the card, do you know where you got the SD card from?

2. No clue.

3. zero2exe
    OP

Chile
    The SD was labelled as Duracell from the envelop but the card itself doesn't show who manufactured it, I have two, one of 2gb and one of 8gb I got them at a local store. I haven't tested YSmenu on the 8gb one yet as I got that one recently but I heard dstt worked better with less capacity sd. I'll try and edit this in a while.

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No, this is not normal. I recommend you back up your games and saves and use SD Formatter 3.1 to reformat your SD card. Also make sure you're using the latest version of RetroGameFan's software. It's been awhile since I've used it, but I'm pretty sure you have your choice of TTMenu or YSMenu when you extract the contents of RetroGameFan's software. Try them both. If the problem persists, then I'm guessing it has something to do with the SD card.

You can put the outdated Wood onto your SD card and then put YSMenu on there, but instead of auto-launching YSMenu, you can set it up so that you get into YSMenu by launching YSMenu.nds from Wood.

5. zero2exe
    OP

Chile
    Ok apparently it WAS the sd card after all. I tried running the YSmenu I had on the 8gb card and I loaded a couple games in 5 seconds which I think is right, now that was with an older YSmenu so I'm gonna go through the process of reformatting it and installing the latest update. Hopefully next post will be the last .-.

edit: everything works perfectly now, clearly I had a misconception about how the sd cards work so thank you for bringing that point to me guys :)
    Mods please lock this, thank you!