mafoose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 16gig flash drive.

ineedhelpbad said:
Well he said his drive was toast. So what seems more likely, that both his usb drives fail to load games at all but work fine for other homebrew apps or that his dvd drive is causing the problems. And if i remember correctly just leaving the controller board connected didn't work either you needed the whole dvd drive for usb loader to work. I think it has something to do with the way the cios reroutes dvd read commands.
This makes a lot of sense.
I got the Wii for free because someone tried to install a Wiikey 2 on it. Even if they had managed to install it it probably would have broken down in that the solder joints were the worst I've ever seen. In soldering the point closest to the ribbon connector, they melted a large part of it. So much so that the ribbon "clip" is missing. Then they tried to repair it by "re-melting" the connector in which they then got solder all over the pin header.

Needless to say the controller board is toast.

I then looked up mods and saw that Flatmii works without a DVD drive, but then I ran into all of the softmod's and decided to go on the cheap and try that.
I made my own power supply, and my own sensor bar, and I bought a wiimote off craigslist. This is the lowest budget next gen I've ever done.
It's seems like my cheapness is the cause of all of this...

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hehe
tongue.gif
well have no fear, the wii is not _really_ next gen technology wise
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer