Hacking About to buy a 3DS, which Flash Cart?

Roy Hobbs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I am about to buy a 3DS and I want to know what cart I should get since I don't know what firmware the 3DS will have out of the box.
Yes I know I could just wait and see what the firmware is but I'm impatient.

So worse case scenario and the 3DS comes out of the box with the lastest firmware which card can I use? Also I don'thave access to another DS to do any updates to the flash cart.

Thanks!

Roy Hobbs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
I'd say that you're safe with a SC dstwo. It's compatible with every single DS type.

That's the cart I want, but I havent seen anything that states it is compatable with 3ds 2.1 firmware.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roy Hobbs said:
boktor666 said:
I'd say that you're safe with a SC dstwo. It's compatible with every single DS type.

That's the cart I want, but I havent seen anything that states it is compatable with 3ds 2.1 firmware.
It is. I've used it on mine, up to date in the last few days. If it isn't, you can update it on your friend's DS Lite, DSi or an unupdated 3DS.
Also, see this.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Note that the Supercard DS Two will consume more battery.
Difference is about 20-45 minutes for me compared to a few other flashcarts. Thats a lot
wink.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it stands, anything compatible with 2.0 seems to be compatible with the latest 2.1.0-4. If I were you, I would buy an Acekard 2i, an R4i Gold 3DS, or a Supercard DSTWO.

Roy Hobbs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies and the link to the chart.

At this point I am leaning toward the SuperCardDStwo after looking a the chart it has the most Y and from what I gather the only downside is the loss of battery life.

I am really only interested in playing DS Roms on the 3DS, so would I be better off with the DStwo or the R4i Gold?? This was much easier to decided when I bought the original DS

Thanks for all the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021