About the new sponsor...is this stuff legit?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by MarcusRaven, Nov 28, 2011.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    So I started checking out the new sponsor, and looked at what they had. This struck me as odd:

http://www.etcome.com/product/remote-controller-for-wii-red-.html

A Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuck for just over $20 with free shipping? Now, I can't read Japanese, so I can't tell if these are official ones or not. So, how legit is this? If its first party and legit, I'll definitely look into this. I've been wanting to upgrade my remotes for a while, and this deal would be just too good to pass up. ^_^

If they're just 3rd party knock-offs, I'm not interested.

2. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    It's a 3rd party controller.

3. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Thanks. That helped. Skipping this one.

4. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    That's weird though, usually knockoffs have the Nintendo logo removed.
    Some knockoffs could actually be good, it could even be made by the same factory. More likely it sucks, but if the quality and accuracy is close to original I'd say they're well worth the money.
    With no customer ratings though I'd hold off on it.

My dad does however have some knockoff classic controllers (which, other than lacking the Wii or Nintendo logo are exactly the same as the original as far as I can tell, even feels the same to use)

5. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    I don't think it's a 3rd party Wii remote because I don't know of any 3rd Party remotes that come with Wii Motion +. Also they seem to be selling 250GB Xbox 360 Hard drives for $70, which is pretty cheap for that. As for how reliable or trustworthy they are I can't say since I never even heard of them until a couple days ago.

6. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Here's one, $19.99. It's a cheap Chinese knockoff that's so no-name not event they themselves know what they're called, and they don't get invited to parties.

If you look at the product photo for that controller on etcome, you'll see it says "blue" on the box:

[​IMG]

:ha: