Homebrew About Ninty New Bans Wave...

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does v0 even matter if you're running a CIA? My guess is probably not, since I don't think Nintendo has any way to check if you're running a digital or physical game when you go online, and v0 is still perfectly valid for a cart, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When either someone gets an automatic NTR plugin working (someone recently PMed me with a failed attempt at one), or one of you 3DS security brainiacs out there figures out how to patch it in ARM9's ITCM memory.
What's the difference between that and changing serial in secureinfo_A? Which we can already do.

Veranek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
022-2812 bans are 100% tracked by the deviceID, and I can prove this by making an account directly from the API. Here's part of my XML field:
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-17%20at%209.29.30%20PM.png

Now, here's my serial number and device ID. The serial number is made up, though using my real one would make no difference. However, the deviceID is real, and has been hyperbanned for the past 4 months.
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-17%20at%209.29.07%20PM.png

Now, let's hit 'Send' and see what happens. Oh, look? Here's this again:
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-17%20at%209.29.48%20PM.png

Just like the OP said. Now, let's increment the DeviceID by one and see what happens.
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-17%20at%209.29.59%20PM.png

Hit 'Send', and... what do you know?
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-17%20at%209.30.06%20PM.png

I've had information similar to this known for a while, but I haven't made any releases because I want whatever I make public of this to be complete and easy-to-use, because a lot of people who've asked me to look into something like this aren't smart enough to downgrade and install CFW on a 3DS.
Also, I set this account up for Miiverse, so go nuts.
Now, does anyone have any questions?

Do you know if Device IDs are all known to Nintendo? I was convinced this was a MAC ban when I changed absolutely everything and still got the 022 error. If they are generated by the 3DS and then fed to Nintendo without ever confirming that this device ID was ever in their servers, wouldn't it be as easy as simply creating a tool that generates a device ID, feeds it to the NAND, backs up the original one?

I'm not new to modding by I've only had a modded 3DS for a few months, so most of this flies over my head.

Please explain why this is not as simple as I make it seem or simply not possible. Are the Device-IDs encrypted?

Ivan Garcia

OP
Trophies
Website
www.igarcias.es
XP
Country
Do you know if Device IDs are all known to Nintendo? I was convinced this was a MAC ban when I changed absolutely everything and still got the 022 error. If they are generated by the 3DS and then fed to Nintendo without ever confirming that this device ID was ever in their servers, wouldn't it be as easy as simply creating a tool that generates a device ID, feeds it to the NAND, backs up the original one?

I'm not new to modding by I've only had a modded 3DS for a few months, so most of this flies over my head.

Please explain why this is not as simple as I make it seem or simply not possible. Are the Device-IDs encrypted?
Hi,

Nintendo have all the Serial Numbers and Device Tracked in their servers. There's a REST petition that you can send to Ninty with the devide ID or serial number and it will send you a response with all the info about that console.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, your device's serial number and deviceID are stored with your account, so they can see them if you have a violating NNID at least.
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-18%20at%204.18.16%20PM.png

(My deviceID and SN in this image are randomly selected, but it'd be the same as it was in my previous post if I got the account data for that one)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays