Hacking About emunand in SX OS

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
That my friend is the question!

While playing games, the cpu and gpu should both be very busy.
We can't tell (yet) if there are enough free ressources to run an additional
thread to handle the decompression.
Im guessing yes it shouldn't be a problem as we do it emu's as it is now . (Or can)

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can play pirated games without risk.
You will mostly want to go online at some point.
I guess if you are willing to do that it's better to stay offline for good.
The only benefit emuNAND could have would be to play games requiring higher fw than the one you are on.
You didn't got my point. You could play offline in emunand, and online in sysnand. That way, not even the record will be the same between them, so they won't ban you because of it. I'll remember you that you can start your CFW at any OFW version, so...

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
You didn't got my point. You could play offline in emunand, and online in sysnand. That way, not even the record will be the same between them, so they won't ban you because of it. I'll remember you that you can start your CFW at any OFW version, so...

I understand now. But to get access to emunand you need to modify sysnand right? Those modifs could be stored by the system (future updates by Nintendo maybe) and get you banned if you go online.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand now. But to get access to emunand you need to modify sysnand right? Those modifs could be stored by the system (future updates by Nintendo maybe) and get you banned if you go online.
Or you could simply start the emunand using fusee glee xD I don't think it'll be really necesary to start OFW before the emunand with the CFW. I mean, this is all just theory. I am not even interested in pirate lol.

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

No, you don't have to touch sysnand at all.
The creation of the emunand happens by using the RCM mode.

It will just copy the emmc to sd. Horizon OS won't have to be booted.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, to simplify (@Zumoly): CFW it self just modifies things in RAM, so everything is erased when you reboot (or just shut down). This means that as long as you only go online with OFW and don't install anything (example: autoRCM, but I don't really think they could indentify its modification), you wont get banned. That's why RCM is so good in this case. It'll let us to use both: CFW and OFW in every single version (past, present and future) in the actual revision of the Switch.

Reactions: Zumoly

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it.... What certificate are you talking about?
You mean the Console IDs and unique keys?
I used the word "certificate" based off this post by Scires on how the Switch interacts with the eShop. https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/759myu/the_eshop_and_cdn_explained_switch_edition/ This is essentially how Nintendo bans you for making any illegitimate requests, such as what Scires experienced with one of his consoles that did a lot of CDN downloading.

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used the word "certificate" based off this post by Scires on how the Switch interacts with the eShop. https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/759myu/the_eshop_and_cdn_explained_switch_edition/ This is essentially how Nintendo bans you for making any illegitimate requests, such as what Scires experienced with one of his consoles that did a lot of CDN downloading.

Okay, now i know what you are refering to.
That cert is the unique fingerprint of every switch console.

Obviously it's the same on all nands,
since after initial setup emuNAND is an exact copy of sysNAND.

But after setup, there's no data exchanged between those nands.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now i know what you are refering to.
That cert is the unique fingerprint of every switch console.

Obviously it's the same on all nands,
since after initial setup emuNAND is an exact copy of sysNAND.

But after setup, there's no data exchanged between those nands.
Yup, you're good. Initially, I thought it was confusion due to vernacular. Anyways, having an EmuNAND is useful for people who want to enjoy hacks and using the latest firmware. But to avoid being banned, clearly you can't do both on the same one. I, on the other hand, will gladly take that risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone