The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
matriculated said:
sinkhead said:
In my opinion when it can feel pain. It's 'alive' before that but it won't know anything at all and won't be able to feel anything.

So people who feel no pain aren't alive?

Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - Westley

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Bob Evil said:
distorted.frequency said:
No. But how are we so sure that a child will have a bleak future?

Some people only have bleak futures ... some situations only lead to new life being corrupted or destroyed ... better to have not lived at all, than live in Hell ...
wow bob evil, this has to be the best post i've ever seen you make

(no sarcasm intended)

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
distorted.frequency said:
Against because you're killing an innocent life.

For because if you don't have the money to support that person's life, it's the same as killing that person.

Then again, this sounds a lot like mercy killing. I'm still ultimately against abortion because I believe that every person should get a chance to live, even if that person is going to suffer through the rest of his or her life. But only because there's always that tiny piece of hope that something good will happen to that person as well.
You're not really killing anything when you have an abortion. You don't say your eating a chick when you eat scrambled egg in the mornings.
Still, I think I'm against it, it just doesn't seem right for someone to judge whether a potential life is worth living.. Who knows what will happen in the future?

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This stuff is deep, I'm almost afraid to pitch in my own thoughts. But basically, when you see some of the people around where I live that have babies just to get a free house, and then ignore it or give it booze, I think it'd be better that they don't have kids at all. These kids almost always grow up to be little sh*ts that come in to the shop were I work and steal things, then hang around drinking alcohol and beating up anyone that happens to go by. I know I may seem to be stereotyping, but my experience in life so far has shown that chav kids in hoodies are the ones I have to look out for when I'm working in the shop or out on the streets.

Also, me and my girlfriend are always very careful but if she were to get pregnant, it would ruin both our lives. I'd have to pull out of College and get a full time job to support it, and she'd have to work full time, so I would never get a career and would be condemned to minimum wage jobs and she would too, and the rest of our lives and the kids life would be ruined. Whereas, if she got an abortion and then later at a point where we wanted kids and I had a good career, and could be sure of supporting a child, life would be so much better for us and the child.

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
bluebright said:
Life begins at conception. So, this is where the moral bit comes in, if you have an abortion that's technically murder. But then you get into the details like what tinymonkeyt brought up.

Its good to see such a serious topic making the rounds too.

If life begins at conception, every time the zygote fails to implant it's killed?

It's probably not as dramatic as a New York homicide, but yeah, once the thing starts gettin' its cell division on.

moozxy said:
QUOTE(distorted.frequency @ May 11 2008, 06:06 AM)
Against because you're killing an innocent life.

For because if you don't have the money to support that person's life, it's the same as killing that person.

Then again, this sounds a lot like mercy killing. I'm still ultimately against abortion because I believe that every person should get a chance to live, even if that person is going to suffer through the rest of his or her life. But only because there's always that tiny piece of hope that something good will happen to that person as well.
You're not really killing anything when you have an abortion. You don't say your eating a chick when you eat scrambled egg in the mornings.

That's because those egg's are not fertilized, so there isn't anything living inside.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bob Evil said:
gbpic said:
I would be nice to have a poll.

Why?

Statistics regarding a subject like this, are just demeaning to the importance of it.

I really like Bob Evil, he is wise word beyond his words.
lecture.gif

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Abortion topic? Really?

I guess the rumors are true. GBAtemp staff is posting flame bait topics just to get people to argue for their own amusement.

Wow, what sort of asshole brings up the topic of Abortion on a gaming forum anyway? So classy.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feds4u said:
Abortion topic? Really?

I guess the rumors are true. GBAtemp staff is posting flame bait topics just to get people to argue for their own amusement.

Wow, what sort of asshole brings up the topic of Abortion on a gaming forum anyway? So classy.
well to be honest
i dont think its flame bait
i mean, we can argue over the situations that make abortion "right" and "wrong". but theres nothing intentionally here that can offend someone (unless they were really serious and stubborn about their point of view on abortion). its not like we can flame each other for thinking the way we do. (i.e. what do you expect? 'you're such a fetus-hugger >:O'?)

oh you forgot one important thing
the topic of abortion is in the general Off-Topic Chat
i dont think the staff appreciates your name calling or what not
they dont post "flamebait topics just to get people to argue for their own amusement"
because
1. its not flame bait
2. im pretty sure they dont enjoy flame wars burning up their forums
3. and thats a pessimistic views on the people who devote so much time and effort on here to make this possible
be sooo thankful you're even able to post, read, and write on here

if somethings gonna be flamebait here
i think you just satisfied the requirements

and VVoltz(sorry i cant do the trademark >.

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
feds4u said:
Abortion topic? Really?

well to be honest...

...VVoltz(sorry i cant do the trademark >.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
This isn't just a gaming forum, any and all topics can be discussed here as long as they are within the parameters of the rules, and stay civil. It's usually only the console war topics that get flamey here; generally the discussions of religion, politics, sensitive issues such as this, etc, generally they stay civil and open-minded.

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
whenever someone tells me that abortion is denying an individual to live i like to answer the following:

"according to you i bear in me about half the total of people living on earth or even more, and they all die within 3 days within me, does this make me a killer for i deny those individuals the right to live?"

Having an abortion of an early stage foetus is like clipping of a finger nail, it's a part of you that you can contain if you want to or not

This said my opinion on abortion is that those who are in need of an abortion should have and shouldn't feel bad about it and should NOT be denied the option of having an abortion

edit: foetus is one hard word to remember how to write, this topic has been an interesting read so far

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@feds4u:
The staff here promote and encourage free speech.
Over the years we've had several "touchy" topics and, for the most part, they usually end up civil and enlightening.
Heck, we've allowed topics that simply ragged on the staff in case someone brings up a valid complaint.
Don't be so quick to bark at something. You don't want to be chasing your own tail so to speak.

As for the topic at hand, as some others have stated, I'm not for or against abortion, I'm pro choice.
The ideal and reality are almost never alike. Life is too random to state everything in black and white.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: