Gaming able to fix blurry pdf?

Kevin578

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pdf that was created from scanning a book. unfortunately, the scanner quality wasn't the best and the text came out blurry. Somehow, adobe reader recognizes the blurry text, so I can highlight the blurry text, copy it, search within the text, etc. My question is if its possible to change all the text in the pdf into something clearer. note: i didn't create this pdf, and there's also pictures in to book so i would prefer to keep all the layout the same, just convert the "font" of the text. Is there any software that can do this?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that makes very little sense. if the text was scanned it wouldn't be selectable. can you post said pdf? maybe just a sample page?

but you won't be able to change the font in standard pdf readers. you'll need to open it in authoring software such as illustrator and create a new pdf.

if you have Acrobat Professional you can embed a new font by going into Tools > Advance Editing > Touch up Text Tool. then highlight your text, right click and choose Properties... in the properties menu you'll have a list of the embedded fonts in the document and the system fonts below.

depending on how the pdf was created, it may look sloppy. for example text might not flow so individual letters or words may be fixed in place creating large gaps or overlaps depending on the font you chose.

edit: oops, i know what you are talking about now. it's a scanned document with OCR text. you can't change the font because it's an image and not a font, the selectable text is invisible and overlaps the image. you can make this text visible and delete the original page image. again, you'll need authoring capabilities.

Kevin578

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i think it probably is OCR. I have a 30 day trial of adobe acrobat 9 pro, but have no idea how to use it. Could you please tell how to make the text visible and delete the original page image? note: the page also has pictures, so i don't want to delete the entire page, just everywhere with text.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kevin578 said:
yeah, i think it probably is OCR. I have a 30 day trial of adobe acrobat 9 pro, but have no idea how to use it. Could you please tell how to make the text visible and delete the original page image? note: the page also has pictures, so i don't want to delete the entire page, just everywhere with text.

first make the text visible by going to Tools > Advance Editing > Touch up Text Tool (you can also use the "touch up object tool -it will select the text block as an object as opposed to text)

select the text. right click and choose Properties. in Properties select a color for the fill color and you text will be visible. the current font should be similar to the scan file, but you can also change it to whatever font you want.

for the image use the Touch Up Object Tool and select the image. right click on it and select Edit Image from the pop up. the image will open in photoshop if you have it. or else it will try to open in the default image viewer for your OS. in photoshop delete(erase) the text. save it and go back to acrobat. the image should update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-