FullgoreEXE

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have an 8-in-1 reader and im not sure if i should get another type, or stick with my current one.

It's something like this: http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1145)...aderWriter.aspx

It has (written on it): SD, MMC, MS, PRO, CF I/II, xD, SM, xD

So, does anyone know if it can read Micro SDs? Anyone know what the abbreviated term for MicroSDs are? I would assume MSD but there's also a Mini-SD, so.. I'm rather confused.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MSD usually refers to Memory Stick Duo (Sony) or "Memory Stick Device".

If it says "SD" and you have a microSD to SD adapter (should have come with your microSD) then it will work fine.

BTW: the link you give has an list of the devices supported, though as I said, with an adapter a microSD functions like a regular SD card (which, judging by the picture in that link, is how they can claim miniSD works with it too).
1. CompactFlash® Type I
2. CompactFlash® Type II
3. SD™ Card
4. miniSD™
5. MultiMediaCard™
6. RS-MMC™
7. Memory Stick™
8. Memory Stick PRO™
9 Memory Stick Duo™
10. Memory Stick PRO Duo™
11. SmartMedia™
12. xD™

FullgoreEXE

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I dont have a MicroSD, I just placed an order from DealExtreme like 2 weeks ago so I'm expecting my MicroSD card any day now, and i'm just wondering if I'll be able to use my current reader.

Zazie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MicroSD to SD converter.
Like this.

Just look around for one that's cheap.

*has 3, all of which came with the MicroSD cards*

Carlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TF is the abbrevi for the Micro SD
it stands for Trans Flash

if you have a microsd to sd adapter it should work in ur 8 in 1

if you dont, ill mail you one for a few dollars shipping

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to add be careful you do not pick up one of the new SDHC cards as it will not work in 90% of devices although they will fit in them.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW: the link you give has an list of the devices supported, though as I said, with an adapter a microSD functions like a regular SD card (which, judging by the picture in that link, is how they can claim miniSD works with it too).
Believe it or not, the miniSD card just fits right into the same slot as the SD card, without an adapter. It's similar, but not the same, as how a GC mini disc fits perfectly into the Wii slot. With the SanDisk Imagemate 12-in-1, you put it into the bottom half of the slot (or left, depending on if you have it horizontally oriented or vertical on the included stand). There is a small silver-colored line right along the edge of the slot which basically serves as a guide: when your miniSD card lines up with the line, it is in correctly. In this way, a miniSD card and an SD card can be used in the same slot without an adapter.

[/knowitall]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel