Hacking A9LH Unable to update firmware, please help.

Chickenhat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,
As far as I know I have successfully installed Arm9loaderhax following Plailect's guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki completing all 3 steps.

There was one issue I encountered, when the guide prompted me to update my new CFW SysNAND using the "System Update" feature I kept getting an error saying: "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will restart now".

So I am currently stuck on firmware version 9.2 and would like to find out why and figure out how to update to the latest (11.0.0-33). It's also not an issue with the internet connection if you might suggest that.

Also I tried playing some GBA games and they worked, but the SNES VC cia games, don't. No error, just a black screen when I boot them up. I recall being able to play SNES games from the HBL using emulators like blargSNES and they worked flawlessly. I just wanted to streamline the process by just launching them from the home menu like normal games. I don't know if this is an issue with my system itself: OLD 3DS XL (USA).

Your input would be appreciated.

D

Deleted-379826

Hello everyone,
As far as I know I have successfully installed Arm9loaderhax following Plailect's guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki completing all 3 steps.

There was one issue I encountered, when the guide prompted me to update my new CFW SysNAND using the "System Update" feature I kept getting an error saying: "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will restart now".

So I am currently stuck on firmware version 9.2 and would like to find out why and figure out how to update to the latest (11.0.0-33). It's also not an issue with the internet connection if you might suggest that.

Also I tried playing some GBA games and they worked, but the SNES VC cia games, don't. No error, just a black screen when I boot them up. I recall being able to play SNES games from the HBL using emulators like blargSNES and they worked flawlessly. I just wanted to streamline the process by just launching them from the home menu like normal games. I don't know if this is an issue with my system itself: OLD 3DS XL (USA).

Your input would be appreciated.
O3DS does not support SNES VC only emulators!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
O3DS does not support SNES VC only emulators!
Thanks, that is one problem solved.
to clarify this: the SNES VC emulator\games where designed for New 3ds systems, you can't play SNES VC games in a Old 3ds

however you can use a fan made emulator,i am not sure if they are available to install as a cia or you need to use your old one through homebrew launcher

as for the update failing.
aren't you using DNS settings or did setup the router to block the updates? (like we did in the past in browser hax era)

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: Deleted-379826

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Chickenhat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
to clarify this: the SNES VC emulator\games where designed for New 3ds systems, you can't play SNES VC games in a Old 3ds

however you can use a fan made emulator,i am not sure if they are available to install as a cia or you need to use your old one through homebrew launcher

aren't you using DNS settings or did setup the router to block the updates? (like we did in the past in browser hax era)

Problem is solved gents, thank you reminding me that I DID block those DNS servers from my router's setting. Unblocked them and it updated successfully. I probably would have come to this conclusion myself, but it would have taken me hours :).

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: