Homebrew A9LH to B9S_ Luma3DS chainloader menu won't load

boo1210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm updating my New 3DS xl from A9LH to B9S. Got all the right files and everything. When I press start & power on it always load to GodMode9 but not the Luma3DS chainloader menu. I checked everything but couldn't figure why it won't load to the chainloader menu (no problems on my old 3DS). Should I just carry on with the GodMode9 (Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS) and skip the Section II - Installing boot9strap on the 3ds guide? Help...anyone? :)

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm updating my New 3DS xl from A9LH to B9S. Got all the right files and everything. When I press start & power on it always load to GodMode9 but not the Luma3DS chainloader menu. I checked everything but couldn't figure why it won't load to the chainloader menu (no problems on my old 3DS). Should I just carry on with the GodMode9 (Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS) and skip the Section II - Installing boot9strap on the 3ds guide? Help...anyone? :)
If you only have one payload the chain loader won't boot but instead the payload will load straight up. You need more than one payload for the chain loader the pop up.

Finish the guide as normal.

Edit: Wait, I misunderstood what you were saying I think. What files do you have in your "payloads" folder?

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

boo1210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

What is that for?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you only have one payload the chain loader won't boot but instead the payload will load straight up. You need more than one payload for the chain loader the pop up.

Finish the guide as normal.

Edit: Wait, I misunderstood what you were saying I think. What files do you have in your "payloads" folder?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What do you mean only one payload??? in the payloads folder i have the ; start_SafeB9SInstaller.bin and GodMode9.firm, just like in the guide said. I updated my old 3ds the same way and it works fine, no problems.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your payload shouldn't have a button press anymore. that's only for old versions of luma. plus, you have a bin and a firm together which don't work together. firm is for b9s; bin is for a9lh.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the guide should have you install a .firm version of the apps. I think you're mistaken, because you have to convert .bin to .firm for those apps to work.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh you mean it should be : start_SafeB9SInstaller.firm NOT start_SafeB9SInstaller.bin in the payloads folder?
Press and hold Select when you boot your system. What version does it say you have? Luma v7.0+ introduced the chainloader, so you'll have to update to Luma v7.0.5 to access the Luma chainloader and have multiple .bin payloads in your luma/payloads folder. After you update to Luma v7.0.5, attempt to follow the guide again.

Reactions: Quantumcat

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're on b9s, yes. you also don't need start_. the chainloader will boot up if two payloads exist. if only one exists, it will boot that up automatically which I think is your problem.

boo1210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you're on b9s, yes. you also don't need start_. the chainloader will boot up if two payloads exist. if only one exists, it will boot that up automatically which I think is your problem.

if you don't put start then how do you know which one (SafeB9SInstaller.firm and GodMode9.firm) it will boot?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you don't put start then how do you know which one (SafeB9SInstaller.firm and GodMode9.firm) it will boot?
That's the point of the chainloader. It brings up a menu for you to select which one to load. :/ Did you see my other post? Also, you need SafeB9SInstaller.bin since you have a9lh still, you don't need the .firm.

Reactions: Quantumcat

boo1210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Press and hold Select when you boot your system. What version does it say you have? Luma v7.0+ introduced the chainloader, so you'll have to update to Luma v7.0.5 to access the Luma chainloader and have multiple .bin payloads in your luma/payloads folder. After you update to Luma v7.0.5, attempt to follow the guide again.

I have all the lastest downloaded files

boo1210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the point of the chainloader. It brings up a menu for you to select which one to load. :/ Did you see my other post? Also, you need SafeB9SInstaller.bin since you have a9lh still, you don't need the .firm.

well yeah that's what the guide said, but godreborn here told me no. haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...