Hacking A9LH N3DS XL

MrYoshida

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed the A9lh on a 2ds. but i wanna do it on my N3DS XL. But I'm scared because i feel like it will be easier to brick. is it like the chances of the 2ds or 3ds? or are things much more different and easier to just brick?

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is pretty safe, like %90 of installs work. Most bricks come from not following the guide, not the tools. There is going to be a big update to placiets guide in a few days, so just wait! If you do brick, @vb_encryption_vb has very reasonable rates and does his job very professionally. A hard mod from him is about $65

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is pretty safe, like %90 of installs work. Most bricks come from not following the guide, not the tools. There is going to be a big update to placiets guide in a few days, so just wait! If you do brick, @vb_encryption_vb has very reasonable rates and does his job very professionally. A hard mod from him is about $65
There is other factors other than not following the guide.

Bad sd card, curroption of sending files from pc to sd card, etc. Software / hardware all plays in it. It's not fool proof 100%

Even I have bricked consoles, and I've done over 100 hardmods now. So I know the guide all to well. Shit just happens.

MrYoshida

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is other factors other than not following the guide.

Bad sd card, curroption of sending files from pc to sd card, etc. Software / hardware all plays in it. It's not fool proof 100%

Even I have bricked consoles, and I've done over 100 hardmods now. So I know the guide all to well. Shit just happens.
is the guide for the new nintendo 3ds similar for the o3ds?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Doesn't plaiSysUpdater check for the integrity of the update files before proceeding on downgrading to 9.2 or 2.1? I haven't had any bricks before and I have installed A9LH to 1 N3DS XL, 3 O3DS XL, and 8 O3DS'es.

D

Deleted User

I've installed the A9lh on a 2ds. but i wanna do it on my N3DS XL. But I'm scared because i feel like it will be easier to brick. is it like the chances of the 2ds or 3ds? or are things much more different and easier to just brick?
I did it to my n3ds. it was making crazy colored touch screen on 2.x version, it was scary and funny at the same time lol. just do ONLY what the guide says and youll be fine. any problem please ask here.

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fails like these will be a thing of the past shortly, the guide is getting a huge revamp and it's going to cut out so much time it isn't funny :)

tl;dr, we have... ways to downgrade to 2.1 that are much safer for everyone, yet don't require setting up a redNAND/emuNAND. Anyone who is thinking of following the guide, wait a few days for the changes, they're quite nice
source

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
no no no, people were asking me from where I got the information platicets guide is being updated. Not asking of anything from @dark_samus3 :P
Do you have any information on what the new process is? Even if it's just a quick overview, I can fill in the gaps for myself. I have a large backlog of consoles to install a9lh on and am holding back for the new guide. (if there are new tools it requires that haven't been created yet, then that's a different matter of course).

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any information on what the new process is? Even if it's just a quick overview, I can fill in the gaps for myself. I have a large backlog of consoles to install a9lh on and am holding back for the new guide. (if there are new tools it requires that haven't been created yet, then that's a different matter of course).
@astronautlevel had a theory on how it was done. I could link you to his and my discussion on this matter.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a