gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
i have written down the serial number, my NAND Backup has an old version of A9LH. I hope i get the same system so i don't have to downgrade to 2.1 again, that took a long time.
Using fieldrunnershax, could i just use NAND.bin as NAND.img using fwTool, or are they separate? If possible i could skip the downgrade step and use the backup to reinstall A9LH.
you can. the NAND backup should have A9LH, and a restore should properly restore it. dsiwarehax should allow you to restore the NAND as well.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope i get the same system so i don't have to downgrade to 2.1 again, that took a long time.
Assuming you get the same system back, there would be no need to downgrade to 2.1 again, since the purpose is just to get the OTP.bin file. If you have it backed up on your computer, you would just install A9LH without downgrading. But all this is irrelevant since you could just flash a NAND backup with A9LH already installed.

EDIT: Ooops, I misread you.. You hope to get the same system back, so you already understand what I explained. Sorry!

Last edited by Dust2dust,

Aletron9000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Nintendo wants me to send in the sd card with it, what should i do? should I remove all the data/emulators on it, should i send it in without the card, or should i send it with a different sd card, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Nintendo wants me to send in the sd card with it, what should i do? should I remove all the data/emulators on it, should i send it in without the card, or should i send it with a different sd card, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Just send it in without an sd card. They can't just refuse because you didn't have an sd card in it. (the console is designed to run without one).

D

Deleted User

Bricked my FE Fates n3ds when it came out trying to do A9LH. Sent it back to nintendo under warranty with the stock sd blank and they just replaced the motherboard and sent me back the ds. So the NAND will most likely be different and your backups will be useless.

Aletron9000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so the 3ds is repaired, I got it back. I am now trying to do a system transfer between the 3ds'. But the source 3ds is not detecting the target 3ds. I selected send for source and recieve for target. Is it my internet? Nintendo? Or my 3ds?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way kiss good bye to it being on any sort of modded firmware when you get it back, you do realize that Nintendo will update it to 11x or are you not bothered? I remember someone else on the forum doing the same thing and Nintendo sent it back all updated because they said the c stick didn't work on smash very well online, very funny considering it needs to be on the latest firmware for it to go online supposedly. There probably now on a different firmware thats why your backups wont work on transfer.

Last edited by Reecey,

Aletron9000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way kiss good bye to it being on any sort of modded firmware when you get it back, you do realize that Nintendo will update it to 11x or are you not bothered? I remember someone else on the forum doing the same thing and Nintendo sent it back all updated because they said the c stick didn't work on smash very well online, very funny considering it needs to be on the latest firmware for it to go online supposedly. There probably now on a different firmware thats why your backups wont work on transfer.

That is why i am using the fieldrunners game to get back to 9.2, i have another hacked 3DS. Fieldrunners can downgrade native_firm to then allow me to downgrade to 9.2

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
That is why i am using the fieldrunners game to get back to 9.2, i have another hacked 3DS. Fieldrunners can downgrade native_firm to then allow me to downgrade to 9.2
I didn't know that I thought that 11x put a stop to all the homebrew downgrading. I never knew about this Fieldrunners you mention. So can we now downgrade 3ds's with an 11x with this game?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't know that I thought that 11x put a stop to all the homebrew downgrading. I never knew about this Fieldrunners you mention. So can we now downgrade 3ds's with an 11x with this game?

Ya, it's very low key hack since we're trying to hide it from nintendo. Hopefully, they won't patch it in next update.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Ya, it's very low key hack since we're trying to hide it from nintendo. Hopefully, they won't patch it in next update.
Really great news excellent work, its good to here your keeping it low key its probably for the best. I just hope know one leaks the exploit out.

Edit: by the way its not exactly "low key" as such, its posted on a lot of pages on the web on how to do it I would of thought Nintendo would of patched that by now.

Last edited by Reecey,

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really great news excellent work, its good to here your keeping it low key its probably for the best. I just hope know one leaks the exploit out.
It does require another 3ds with custom firmware to use though. Nintendo is probably going to patch out hardmod downgrading in the next update, and the DsiWare downgrade uses the same exploit as hardmod downgrading, so it will probably be gone in the next update.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
It does require another 3ds with custom firmware to use though. Nintendo is probably going to patch out hardmod downgrading in the next update, and the DsiWare downgrade uses the same exploit as hardmod downgrading, so it will probably be gone in the next update.
I see, its not as straight forward then as I thought, you need a 3ds with CFW already on it. Sorry I have not red the whole article I just presumed it was a straight forward hack and downgrade.

Edit: Is it a very successful way of downgrading? I just thought someone wants an N3DS in my family and I suppose I could buy one on 11x and use mine to downgrade it. They have been after one for a while now but I could not get one below 11x in the shops, they specifically asked for a shop purchase, not online. I never knew about the Fieldrunners exploit until now.

Last edited by Reecey,

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a CFW 3ds, but the system transfer part is not working, the 3ds' are not detecting each other.
Are they both connected to the internet and have wireless turned on? It's possible that they detected A9LH on your system and did something to it so you are unable to system transfer to prevent you from downgrading, but I don't think they would do that. If it's a different system, they might've transferred your old system's data to a new one, so you would have to wait a week to transfer again, but there's no way to know. You can't transfer a new 3ds to an old 3ds, so that could be the problem if that's what you're trying to do. That's all I can think of, but you could call them and ask.

Aletron9000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are they both the same? I mean 3ds to 3ds N3ds to n3ds etc..

Yes o3ds and o3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are they both connected to the internet and have wireless turned on? It's possible that they detected A9LH on your system and did something to it so you are unable to system transfer to prevent you from downgrading, but I don't think they would do that. If it's a different system, they might've transferred your old system's data to a new one, so you would have to wait a week to transfer again, but there's no way to know. You can't transfer a new 3ds to an old 3ds, so that could be the problem if that's what you're trying to do. That's all I can think of, but you could call them and ask.

I can get to where the 3ds is trying to find a recieving 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.