Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you , i updated my Fbi , but this is strange tho ,booting my 3ds without the Sd card shows "ver" in the settings , and booting it with the Sd card n shows "sys" , i'm not even sure what's going on..
When you boot without SD you're booting a mini CFW stored in the NAND and not Luma (which requires Luma's arm9loaderhax.bin and the luma folder). It is Luma that provides the version string changes. So without Luma, there's no version string changes.

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you guys , I had no idea that you could boot up a9hl without an sd card , I wonder why Plai hasn't implemented the trick in his guide tho.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys , I had no idea that you could boot up a9hl without an sd card , I wonder why Plai hasn't implemented the trick in his guide tho.
It's mainly because the mini CFW isn't in an official release yet, once it is it'll be included in the guide, most likely.
So has anyone yet confrimed luma NAND ?:unsure:
What does this mean?

Reactions: Ghassen-ga

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'd like to know too. Maybe because it's not released "officially" (though I can't see what's stopping that given loads of people have tested it and I've never heard of anyone having an issue)

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know too. Maybe because it's not released "officially" (though I can't see what's stopping that given loads of people have tested it and I've never heard of anyone having an issue)
IIRC Tux and Aurora want to figure out why TWL mode breaks with the mini CFW before they officially release it.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

Shadownand is one option but the other method remains a non official release, hence why it is left out the guide. Users have not reported any major bugs but to be safe that is why it is not mentioned.

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just for the sake of clarity. This is just an updated guide to install a9lh right?
So if I already have a9lh after following the old guide, there's nothing in it for me.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what exactly would be the use of this mini cfw for your average joe 3ds user? i mean, without the files on sd card, there's not much one can do other than playing 3ds/ds carts, right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just for the sake of clarity. This is just an updated guide to install a9lh right?
So if I already have a9lh after following the old guide, there's nothing in it for me.
right

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
what exactly would be the use of this mini cfw for your average joe 3ds user? i mean, without the files on sd card, there's not much one can do other than playing 3ds/ds carts, right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

right

You can for example play game carts without the need of an SD card , you can take out the SD card whenever u want without the need to reboot your console..etc

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Bumping this query, I got a little interested with this too, can't we just update the 1.0.0 3ds'es to 9.2.0 then use an alternative entrypoint to enter homebrew launcher?
Found the source below, but no clear statement or test if the last digit matters or not.
Perhaps the sourcecode for ninjhax2 on github can verify that it is not used at all,
but it may still expect a homemenu of a specific version to be functional.
There's still no clear answer here, I really do think we can use those alternative entry points (ninjhax, Oot3DHax, StickerHax, etc.) whether firmware 9.2.0 has browser or not since we inject the payload on the cart prior to using it to the console. I'm just a bit confused as to why @Plailect doesn't include the method of updating to v9.2.0 and doing the alternative entrypoints on "No Browser" section in Part 1.

D

Deleted User

You can for example play game carts without the need of an SD card , you can take out the SD card whenever u want without the need to reboot your console..etc
You can take your SD card out without needing to reboot with a9lh as long as you're using sysNAND and not emuNAND.
I forgot that emuNAND errors out upon SD card removal earlier today when I was screwing around in my Korean emuNAND.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
You can take your SD card out without needing to reboot with a9lh as long as you're using sysNAND and not emuNAND.
I forgot that emuNAND errors out upon SD card removal earlier today when I was screwing around in my Korean emuNAND.

so you need the sd card just to launch a9hl but you can take it out once you're booted to the home menu ?

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's still no clear answer here, I really do think we can use those alternative entry points (ninjhax, Oot3DHax, StickerHax, etc.) whether firmware 9.2.0 has browser or not since we inject the payload on the cart prior to using it to the console. I'm just a bit confused as to why @Plailect doesn't include the method of updating to v9.2.0 and doing the alternative entrypoints on "No Browser" section in Part 1.

There's only one cart with 9.2. Making a guide for that one game seems a bit tedious and overdone. Without the original Super Smash 3DS cart, you can't just install 9.2 on 1.0 3DS. Ninjahax, and alternative entry points can only run unsigned code in firmwares 4.0.0-7 and 9.2.0-20.

So how exactly would you update to 9.2?

Edit: Using an update via game cart, unless it's Super Smash, requires more steps as you'll have to downgrade to 9.2. Going from 1.0 to 4.x-6.x allows you to not only keep the low system version (in case you want it again in the future for some odd reason) but allows you to use MSET which is easy peasy. I guess the rule of thumb is to get to the lowest possible exploitable/vulnerable firmware and then proceed. Since we don't need to be on 9.2 before doing ctrtransfer, why bother?

Last edited by OrGoN3,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You can delete arm9loaderhax.bin and the luma folder and send it in for repairs without anyone knowing it's hacked.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

You can delete arm9loaderhax.bin and the luma folder and send it in for repairs without anyone knowing it's hacked.
Oh shit, that's actually a really good reason to use the miniCFW a9lh forks. That actually makes me wanna get rid of whatever fork I have now and switch over to ShadowNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong