Hacking A9LH and Luma3ds, homebrew launcher and all titles missing!

schizo99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

A while back I installed A9LH and Luma3ds using Plailects guide.
Everything has been working fine and we've installed som utilities and games.

Then today all of a sudden it's as if the 3ds has been reset. No additional titles are available.
FBI is still available in H&S but everything else is gone, homebrew launcher etc.
I've checked and the apps are still existing on the SD in the 3ds folder.

Any ideas what steps I need to take in order to get things back?

My daughter said she didn't do anything special just powered on the 3DS and then everything was gone.

Thanks in advance.

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3ds folder just determines what you'd see in the homebrew launcher, not what you'd see on the home menu.

All of the titles are gone? Sounds like a system format to me.

Edit: Getting it back though, use the H&S FBI to install the FBI CIA, then install all the CIAs you're missing, sadly unless you had a backup your saves are likely gone :(.

Last edited by LongTimeLurker,

schizo99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's true of course.

What could've triggered the system format? And wouldn't that remove the other A9LH related files as well?

I guess I then need to download and install Homebrew launcher and the games again.

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's true of course.

What could've triggered the system format? And wouldn't that remove the other A9LH related files as well?

I guess I then need to download and install Homebrew launcher and the games again.

I don't think a format does remove a9lh, I'm not 100% certain though.

I'm not sure what would trigger a format other than intentionally formatting. Are you sure the titles are actually gone? Perhaps the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on the sdcard is just missing or corrupted? Or did you actually check in FBI?

If it's the first option, it is possible that your sdcard is faulty. If it's the second, you have a mystery on your hands I believe.

schizo99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The titles are not on the home screen.

Nintendo 3DS folder does exist on the SD card.
Not sure how it should look.

It does contain 4 of folders including a Private folder.

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The titles are not on the home screen.

Nintendo 3DS folder does exist on the SD card.
Not sure how it should look.

It does contain 4 of folders including a Private folder.

Ah okay. It should have various folders that are AFAIK unique IDs generated for your console and format number (so each time you format, you get a new folder, difficult for me to convey).

Open FBI, navigate to "Titles". Do you see your games listed there? They will be red if the data is missing from the sdcard (or it's a system app), green if they're installed with found data. I'm not certain of this, but this is what I've discerned from using FBI.

If they're not listed, it was a format. If they're red, I'd bet on a faulty sdcard (though usually, you don't lose everything at once, you have intermittent issues).

schizo99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK.. one title is green but still not visible from the home menu. The rest are red and only numbers no title names.
Since A9LH boots fine I guess the SD card is not bad but something might've happened to the partitioning of it.

Do you know of a tool to verify/correct the data of the SD card? If not I guess we can try a fresh install.

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK.. one title is green but still not visible from the home menu. The rest are red and only numbers no title names.
Since A9LH boots fine I guess the SD card is not bad but something might've happened to the partitioning of it.

Do you know of a tool to verify/correct the data of the SD card? If not I guess we can try a fresh install.

Very strange, if one of your games is green but not listed, I'm not sure why that would be. Testing an sdcard? I'm not sure, what I usually do is I just try copying a bunch of data to it, and it fails.

You could backup your sdcard, then format it to FAT32 (not quick), the largest allocation size it allows. This should, if it's faulty, flag the bad sectors as bad and leave them unused I believe (unless you do a quick format).

Next, copy all your data back to the sdcard, and proceed with reinstalling all your CIAs using the H&S FBI app.

schizo99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
She's not to distraught by it. So I'll take a backup.

Format the card and then we'll start from scratch. Hopefully we won't have this issue in the future.
Very strange though.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: LongTimeLurker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1