Homebrew A wishlist of things that will most likely never happen (3DS Homebrew & Hacking Edition)

FoxofGrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is gonna be a stupid list of stuff that I wish (or just generally other people, mostly me, though) could be real, but probably won't ever happen (or won't ever happen right this second). Before we actually start, I'd like to give out some disclaimers: Don't be surprised if some of these already exist or have alternatives or something, either, since I don't feel like searching if every single one is actually a thing. I'm kind of a noob to this whole 3DS Homebrew thing, so don't expect me to know that X does Y. I don't have every program ever made. Anyways, here I go:
  1. Anything that involves being able to use things you need CFW for without using CFW.
  2. Someone managing to make Swapnote be able to use Spotpass again.
  3. Make Spotpass work as Streetpass (or vice versa).
  4. Make (3)DS Download Play work as using online (or vice versa).
  5. Make any Mii from your Mii Plaza in Mii Maker go to your Streetpass Mii Plaza as if you actually got the green notification.
  6. Having amiibo work as any amiibo you want them to.
  7. 3DS Emulators (or roms).
  8. New 3DS Virtual SNES Console games working on Old 3DS's (unless if you count emulators, but those are too laggy).
  9. Making your 3DS invincible to bricking (it's not gonna happen, trust me).
  10. Using your 3DS as the Wii U gamepad.
  11. An actual 3DS Action Replay Cheating Device (not just powersaves, but more like the ones for the DS).
  12. Buying any game from the eShop, even if it was removed.
  13. Downloading any game from the eShop for free (aka pirating), even if it was removed. (I could honestly go without this one, not that I really wanted to buy anything for free anyways).
  14. Custom notifications on the home menu.
  15. Screenshots on any game at anytime (probably the most likely to be made out of this list).

Yup, that was it. I would've made this longer, but I couldn't really think of anything else. Maybe some stuff will be invented in the future? Who knows...
For 9, It already is. Just have back up of your NAND and decryption keys (?) and you're set. Even if it's a bootrom error (the worst brick possible).

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
What I would like to see is most of the people who replied to this post to be wiped off the face of the earth so people like the poster can actually have a thread without the cock wombles attacking him. But a man can dream I guess

GreaterDog

A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is my wish list :

1. Being able to extract games out of the 3ds cartridges and import other 3ds games.
2. Being Anonymous online while using FreeShop.
3. New character modification for your Mii.
4. Being able to play 2d games on the o3ds without using a r4 (am getting mine in 2 weeks yay!).
5. Implify volume of the 3ds.
6. Able to stream on the o3ds without buying a capture card.
7. Make online DS server for any DS games.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here is my wish list :

1. Being able to extract games out of the 3ds cartridges and import other 3ds games.
2. Being Anonymous online while using FreeShop.
3. New character modification for your Mii.
4. Being able to play 2d games on the o3ds without using a r4 (am getting mine in 2 weeks yay!).
5. Implify volume of the 3ds.
6. Able to stream on the o3ds without buying a capture card.
7. Make online DS server for any DS games.

1- not possible for card1, only bricks happened for people who tried on card2
2- freeshop, fbi2, etc don't go through your eshop account, if ye're still paranoid download cias from PC with 3dsestuff or equivalent
3- wat? it's impossible to add different face options and have them work in games, if you mean characters for the name, there's save editing and custom keyboards
4- 3desmume, currently it sucks yet it's the best option
5- possible by adding an amplifier inline (requires soldering of course, knowing how to design an amplifier also helps)
7- it's called wmmmfi, but let's talk about this once your flashcard arrives :)

1. Anything that involves being able to use things you need CFW for without using CFW.
  2. Someone managing to make Swapnote be able to use Spotpass again.
  3. Make Spotpass work as Streetpass (or vice versa).
  4. Make (3)DS Download Play work as using online (or vice versa).
  5. Make any Mii from your Mii Plaza in Mii Maker go to your Streetpass Mii Plaza as if you actually got the green notification.
  6. Having amiibo work as any amiibo you want them to.
  7. 3DS Emulators (or roms).
  8. New 3DS Virtual SNES Console games working on Old 3DS's (unless if you count emulators, but those are too laggy).
  9. Making your 3DS invincible to bricking (it's not gonna happen, trust me).
  10. Using your 3DS as the Wii U gamepad.
  11. An actual 3DS Action Replay Cheating Device (not just powersaves, but more like the ones for the DS).
  12. Buying any game from the eShop, even if it was removed.
  13. Downloading any game from the eShop for free (aka pirating), even if it was removed. (I could honestly go without this one, not that I really wanted to buy anything for free anyways).
  14. Custom notifications on the home menu.
  15. Screenshots on any game at anytime (probably the most likely to be made out of this list).

2- Technically possible, see what was done for Wmmmfi. Not that I'm betting on it...
3- They're so different you can't compare them. But Nintendo Zones alreaady do streetpass over spotpass :D
6- Well you can buy amiibo chips for 30 cents each and program them yourself. (But what fun are amiibos without the actual action figure?)
10-Technically possible (probably buttons only, no video) if we'll get iosu and someone bored enough to redirect wi-fi direct over the regular access point connection
1, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15- already done or has functional equivalent (yay testmenu and lossless screenshots)

I don't have the money for a flash cart to use Gateshark right now.
If you're a firmware that runs, or can be made to run, Gateway then you can get cfw

It's not my fault that I don't know how to DISMEMBER MY 3DS JUST TO DOWNGRADE THE FIRMWARE.
If on the other hand you're on 10.6+, please complain to your brother/cousin/dog for "accidentally" updating, not on public forums, especially considering the vast majority of consoles available for purchase are not on 11.x

Last edited by Ryccardo,

exdeath255

Trophies
Website
www.com
XP
Country
Canada
all i want is n64 games on 3ds so i can play smash 64 and mario 64 on it.

i want to mod oot 3d to have n3ds controls like cstick and zl and zr switching between menus.

also pokebank free.

capture screen without hardware

Last edited by exdeath255,

herolarcio

The difference is night and day.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i want to mod oot 3d to have n3ds controls like cstick and zl and zr switching between menus.

also pokebank free.

1: The 3DS just isn't all that powerful enough to do so unless someone REALLY works with that hardware
4: If you have a N3DS you can use NTRViewer.

survive9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

also pokebank free.

PHBank is a homebrew alternative to Pokebank

GreaterDog

A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
1- not possible for card1, only bricks happened for people who tried on card2
2- freeshop, fbi2, etc don't go through your eshop account, if ye're still paranoid download cias from PC with 3dsestuff or equivalent
3- wat? it's impossible to add different face options and have them work in games, if you mean characters for the name, there's save editing and custom keyboards
4- 3desmume, currently it sucks yet it's the best option
5- possible by adding an amplifier inline (requires soldering of course, knowing how to design an amplifier also helps)
7- it's called wmmmfi, but let's talk about this once your flashcard arrives :)

2- Technically possible, see what was done for Wmmmfi. Not that I'm betting on it...
3- They're so different you can't compare them. But Nintendo Zones alreaady do streetpass over spotpass :D
6- Well you can buy amiibo chips for 30 cents each and program them yourself. (But what fun are amiibos without the actual action figure?)
10-Technically possible (probably buttons only, no video) if we'll get iosu and someone bored enough to redirect wi-fi direct over the regular access point connection
1, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15- already done or has functional equivalent (yay testmenu and lossless screenshots)

If you're a firmware that runs, or can be made to run, Gateway then you can get cfw

If on the other hand you're on 10.6+, please complain to your brother/cousin/dog for "accidentally" updating, not on public forums, especially considering the vast majority of consoles available for purchase are not on 11.x
euhm its a wish list and i already knew all that . . . . . . what's your purpose .

D

Deleted-379826

Already stated but again, Most of these things have been done in some kind of ways and are getting better if they aren't that good yet and the other ones are pretty much just really make no sense or could never work. Like come on what is swapping spotpass and streetpass even supposed to do or mean? SPOTPASS NEEDS INTERNET ANYWAY and streetpass doesn't even use internet! like come on

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
What I would like to see is most of the people who replied to this post to be wiped off the face of the earth so people like the poster can actually have a thread without the cock wombles attacking him. But a man can dream I guess
I disagree; an OP spreading false information is more of an issue than being called out for it by others.

OP should at least be striking out the false entries in #1 with perhaps adding a link to where the list item has already been done - in that way the post becomes more informative rather than a list of items that some kid will never get as they can and probably won't have access to a cfw'd system and perhaps not even hbl.

Last edited by HyperT,
D

Deleted User

Maybe you should do some research before you made this thread....

"1. Anything that involves being able to use things you need CFW for without using CFW."

Welp, not EVERYTHING, just the good stuff like NTR cheats and CIA downloading.

"9. Making your 3DS invincible to bricking"

Actually, A9LH prevents that

"12 and 13. Buying a game from the eshop even if it's removed"

To legitly do this, add the game to your wish list! You can download it later. Also, if it was dumped or the title keys were shared, you can install it (but that's very illegal)

"11. A device like an action replay"

NTR is a better use of cheats for that now. There IS a action replay for the 3ds in fact

"14. Custom Notifications"

Um... NotifyMii?

"15. Screenshots anywhere"
HANS and NTR -.-

"7. 3DS Emulators"
Um... Gateway, RetroArch, Citra3DS?

"8. SNES on 3DS"

Um... BlargSNES is your best bet

Last edited by ,

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
I disagree; an OP spreading false information is more of an issue than being called out for it by others.
OP should at least be striking out the false entries in #1 with perhaps adding a link to where the list item has already been done - in that way the post becomes more informative rather than a list of items that some kid will never get as they can and probably won't have access to a cfw'd system and perhaps not even hbl.

Words fail me

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, I know they exist, but I mean like something that is actually, you know, something that's been around for a long time? Something popular? As in, it has progressed enough to the point where you can easily get roms and emulators from any rom website.

Of fucking course that will happen, it happens with every console. Citra is still what, 2 years old? Give it enough time.

SJ64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Half of these are Done or stupid.
Looking back at this awful thread I made, yeah. Especially since I have a CFW 3DS now and have most of the programs that do these things in the first place. This """""""""wishlist""""""""" is basically just a "IWantSomebodyToMakeItCompatibleWithMyHardwareBecauseApparentlyInstallingCFWIsHard" list at this point.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.