A update about Bob's game

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope he DOES bundle it. And maybe just ONE person will buy the bundle, rip out the rom and spread across our favorite channels.

Nintendo clearly states they do not spread their development software to one-man-developers and non-professional developers. Bob doesn't (clearly) meet any of the requirements, and Nintendo isn't gonna break it's own rules.

And Nintendo doesn't want a flood of retarded homebrew-developers threatening them for the SDK.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What an asshole, seriously there are better ways to go about with this than what he has done or instends to do.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Why doesn't he just get in contact with EA or some other major games company, they would be the most likely to hire him and push his game through the channels.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
juggernaut911 said:
He just crushed his image...
After this last news update, I have to agree!

Not only he's spreading the word of flashcarts around, but he's "threatening" to do something illegal if Nintendo doesn't listen to him?!
Where's the logic??

I think that most of you know that I was taking his side till now, but this was a move that he really shouldn't have taken..
You're not supposed to talk about stuff like that if you're getting publicly known!

He ain't gonna go far!
frown.gif

And still, in my opinion, game looks fantastic!! I'm very interested in playing it..
Everything looks very nice and polished from the videos!

NBA Mj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just Joe said:
There's just too much hype with this game and very little else. The only reason we "know" it's an incredible game is because Bob told us it is. By that logic my penis is massive.
dry.gif

When has anything in the past lived up to people expectations when surrounded by large amounts of hype? As hype increases so does the disappointment, as this graph, taken from a detailed study by NASA, shows.

BobsGraph.jpg

lecture.gif
As you can see, at a certain level of hype the disappointment factor begins to increase dramatically. Even if the game is really good, it'll now be unlikely to live up to peoples expectations for it, therefore leaving people... disappointed.

You can't argue with SCIENCE.

I agree
rofl.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Why doesn't he just get in contact with EA or some other major games company, they would be the most likely to hire him and push his game through the channels.
Even if they would consider to doing this for him I'd doubt anyone would want to touch the guy now after this.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hadrian Uranium said:
Normmatt said:
Even if they would consider to doing this for him I'd doubt anyone would want to touch the guy now after this.
Yeah, he really pulled a bad move this time!!

Shame..

nicman000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pasc said:
what a freaky fish guy...

I AM NOT A FREAKY FISH GUY!
Isn't that right ocean?
Ocean?
The ocean says yes.

Anyway I need some copypasta to fuel my next paragraph:

About a week ago I was contacted by a representative of a hacker-for-hire organization.
They said that someone was attempting to hire them to take my site down, but they refused the job because they support me.
My site is now being DDoS'd from a known commercial botnet and my servers are being scanned by another known hacker-for-hire group.

This is very serious.
Someone at Nintendo wants to silence me.
I wonder who it is?

There we go.

Now I have a question for all of you.
Who themselves whole heartedly admits that they themselves were thinking of silencing him themselves?

I know I was.
IMO there should be some law against egocentric whiny people owning websites and servers.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
nicman000 said:
pasc said:
what a freaky fish guy...

I AM NOT A FREAKY FISH GUY!
Isn't that right ocean?
Ocean?
The ocean says yes.

Anyway I need some copypasta to fuel my next paragraph:

About a week ago I was contacted by a representative of a hacker-for-hire organization.
They said that someone was attempting to hire them to take my site down, but they refused the job because they support me.
My site is now being DDoS'd from a known commercial botnet and my servers are being scanned by another known hacker-for-hire group.

This is very serious.
Someone at Nintendo wants to silence me.
I wonder who it is?

There we go.

Now I have a question for all of you.
Who themselves whole heartedly admits that they themselves were thinking of silencing him themselves?

I know I was.
IMO there should be some law against egocentric whiny people owning websites and servers.
Lmao for a moment there I thought you were Bob, or are you...
ohmy.gif

kimit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if Bob starts selling dsi flashcarts i really can't see him selling anymore than 500 or so (that should really kill nintendo lol)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe in Bob. I think he's a made up persona -- part of a government conspiracy to spread the AIDS virus.
unsure.gif

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOL, man this guy is messed up. I thought it was the job of some hacker but its legit. He has gone off his rocker completely. We all know he isn't getting the SDK now, even if Nontendo was still considering it before yesterdays stunt. And if he does try to put his game on piracy carts and sell them, their legal department will have a field day. Especially since they have all the information on him like full name, and address.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2009-01-01----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"bob's game" has never been intended as "homebrew." I've aimed to make a commercial game from the very start.
I have tried every approach to release "bob's game" through official means- because it was never intended as a "homebrew" game.
Yet "bob's game," a highly-anticipated, highly-publicized, retail-length, retail-quality, 20-hour-long, 64 megabyte adventure title- is being treated as such.

Releasing a retail length, retail quality game as "homebrew" indeed makes "bob's game" a KILLER APP for "homebrew-enabling" devices.
I do not want to support these devices, because many of them are able to run commercial software. This is damaging to developers like myself.

This puts me in a major predicament. Do I simply give up on five years of tireless effort? I cannot!
I am attempting to inform Nintendo what could happen if this project is released in the only way they have left me.
I am partying hard for them- publicly, on live broadcast, for 100 days- I do not want to release "bob's game" as "homebrew."

"bob's game" is a five year, fifteen-thousand-hour masterpiece.

How can I say this to make them understand?
THE GAME IS TREMENDOUSLY GOOD. IT'S EXTRAORDINARY! IT MIGHT SELL A MILLION COPIES.
I'VE BARELY SHOWN ANYTHING AT ALL FOR A REASON. I'M NOT GOING TO SPOIL IT TO PROVE IT TO YOU.
YOU WILL FIND OUT WHEN IT'S RELEASED. I AM TELLING THE TRUTH! IT'S GREAT!
ARE YOU HONESTLY GOING TO FORCE ME TO RELEASE IT FOR FLASHCARTS? ARE YOU INSANE?!
THE GAME IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Happy New Year, REGGIE!
(You're the best! I'm counting on you!)

Latest news...... i dont see the problem releasing the game with a flashcarts...... flashcarts are not illegal, so nintendo cant do something about that, hes really insane but i support him

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, he's really sucking up to Reggie now. :\

Happy New Year, REGGIE!
(You're the best! I'm counting on you!)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, REGGIE!
(I really mean that! I hope your Christmas was spectacular!)

I mean, I do want to see his game released, he must have worked hard, I would probably buy it, but he's just going too far. He's threatening them with useless threats, and maybe even Nintendo has him redirected to their SPAM folder.
tongue.gif
Maybe someone in Nintendo does want it released, but some others don't.
frown.gif

Sheesh, what's he going to do during those 100 days on camera, or should I say "camera."
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly