That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
irpacynot said:
Pardon my French, but big...fucking...surprise! Why it took this revelation to convince anyone that his idea was a poor tact to take in trying to convince Nintendo of anything -- well, it's beyond me. Bad move on his part, and unfortunately, he seems insistent on following this through to some utterly absurd end. Now, that's a fucking waste of five years.
rolleyes.gif

What he should have done -- and this is, of course, only my opinion -- is released the game to the world as a downloadable piece of homebrew software, and then he should have gotten on his hands and knees to thank the Lord for giving him the opportunity to invest his time learning how to do something he loved doing. And then after that, start scoping the classifieds for a job.

Well, in the end, he got what he wanted: publicity.

ya, he should have just release it as a downloadable homebrew, at least then more people would/might have downloaded it, and as more people downloaded it, it might help give me a better case to show Nintendo like hey, Big N, just over 9000 people downloaded my homebrew, so any chance of u making this into a full game? i have the statistic to show that my game is decent
biggrin.gif
Well, looks like he just shot himself in the toe, just hope he recovers soon from this madness
frown.gif

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter.

Yes, he is a fuching douche, acting like he's all that, but, don't you remember a year or two ago? I remember he stated he created this game because this is the game he has always wanted to play, and he wants to make it a reality.

This is the game, the story, the personalities, and even the dull puns he wanted.
What happened to that?
Five years of coding really fucked him up.

You don't need the glory. Do it for the dream game.
Get a publisher, or release a homebrew.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My sympathy for the guy has just gotten a lot smaller. I totally understand that having put thousands of hours into development of a game, only to have it's publication blocked for some unknown reason, is very, very frustrating. However, by threatening Nintendo like that, he has made it even less likely that they'd approve his game.

At the same time, I'm frankly surprised that he has had so much trouble getting acknowledgment from Nintendo considering all the absolute crapware that sullies the DS's library. I believe all the information on this issue isn't public, and there is something else we don't know about in this situation.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translucentbill said:
juggernaut911 said:
Translucentbill said:
wasnt his game thie one where that guys spent like theree days on one nstree?

thats game lpoked points letss :\

Evenm if it did getg [published i wouldnt ahve puitred it ;\
...what?
rofl2.gif

whast do you means what?

Try typing a proper sentence.

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Translucentbill said:
juggernaut911 said:
Translucentbill said:

...what?
rofl2.gif

whast do you means what?

WEll i probably shoulodnt be on here rigth now drunk eh?.

tenchan4

Trophies
XP
Country
Translucentbill said:
m3rox said:
Translucentbill said:
juggernaut911 said:
Translucentbill said:

...what?
rofl2.gif

whast do you means what?

WEll i probably shoulodnt be on here rigth now drunk eh?.
Happy New Year Translucentbill!
grog.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game doesn't even look that good. To call it a killer app is too extreme. He should just give up. I don't see this going anywhere.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
The game doesn't even look that good. To call it a killer app is too extreme. He should just give up. I don't see this going anywhere.
I hate to bag down your personal opinion...but are you serious?

This is one the best looking homebrew games the Nintendo DS has seen and will ever see...I mean just look at it.
It looks like a game that would be released from a big publisher.

I'm excited for it to come out...looks better than most of the crap we've got this month and will get soon for the DS.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
This game looks unreal as I have said before but if he is going to carry on like he is, he doesnt deserve to get published...

I am having mixed reactions.. I dont think he deserves to get published but in a way I do.. Its just the way he is going about it why I dont like it..

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Seed kids, this is what happens when you substitute human interaction with 5 years of doing nothing but sit at a computer in your basement.

I really think this guy is cracked. This is not how a normal adult human acts.

If I ever make a game, I'll do it because I want to play the end result and share my fantasies with the world, not for the pointless publicity Bob obviously strives for. If he really just wanted to make a real game with nintendo, he would have just asked instead of putting himself all over the internet by throwing tantrums for nintendo.

Poor guy.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
Pelloni has threatened to bundle Bob's Game with a DSi flash cart if not given the opportunity to develop it as an official DS game. He claims it would be the first "killer app" for a homebrew device, and could "significantly cut into Nintendo's bottom line."
This guy is like 5 years old or something, get a job, nobody will buy the flash cart with your game, it's wasted space.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
There's just too much hype with this game and very little else. The only reason we "know" it's an incredible game is because Bob told us it is. By that logic my penis is massive.
dry.gif

When has anything in the past lived up to people expectations when surrounded by large amounts of hype? As hype increases so does the disappointment, as this graph, taken from a detailed study by NASA, shows.

BobsGraph.jpg

lecture.gif
As you can see, at a certain level of hype the disappointment factor begins to increase dramatically. Even if the game is really good, it'll now be unlikely to live up to peoples expectations for it, therefore leaving people... disappointed.

You can't argue with SCIENCE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*