Hacking A strange problem that occured after...(R4 Original)

Meethos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Sigh* After almost 365+ times dropping my freaking DS Lite, my R4 has wiped itself out. Last night, I clumsily dropped my DS Lite for what would be the 365th time, and just when I was about to sleep, I laid down, fell asleep, and left my DS on my table. The next morning, I booted up my DS Lite and opened up Games. There, my 14 games were there, but they were not normal appearing. I viewed each game, and they were all using Japanese/Chinese game descriptions and game names, and the symbols for each game were either a DS or a random series of codes. I then opened up the last game in my list, Devil Survivor. It then started booting up VERY slowly. Once it had reached the half way point, the bottom screen turned black and then it froze. I rebooted it, and found that only Devil Survivor remained in my list. All other 13 games were gone, and only some of them had their save files. Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Survivor had also lost its save file, but it was the only game that was there. Is there any way I could get my files back? I know I'm supposed to backup my files every now and then, but now I just feel like it's important now. Any programs that I could use to get my files back? I've checked my R4's memory, and everything, but nothing was there, except for the system and moonshell files along with some game saves with Devil Survivor. I plugged it in and checked the Multimedia section, but nothing. I've had this R4 for several years now, and it only broke down today. Any solutions?

If this question has been answered, sorry to post this again on this board.

Note: I checked the stickies and most of the topics on this board, but nothing.

EDIT : Strange, I made a new Devil Survivor save file, and then it disappeared. Also, it froze in the middle of the intro. Maybe my R4 is starting to die?
frown.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
you are lucky your r4 lasted for few years
my r4 quited on me after 6 months

try format your microsd card and put in a new copy of firmware
smile.gif

if that doesn't help.....then maybe is time for you to invest on a new kart

Meethos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, thanks guys. Appreciate the answers. I found out that all my games disappeared after a while and when I went back to re-copy them onto the Micro SD Card, they re-appeared. I feel lucky
biggrin.gif
Anyways, your answers were greatly appreciated, so thank you very much. However, only one of my save files were gone, and well, that's okay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same