Gaming A small question about my gamertag!

Namcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently sold my flashed and banned Xbox 360 and bought a new Xbox that isn't flashed or banned that I am currently waiting to get delivered.
However, is it possible for me to recover my gamertag that was on my banned xbox (I deleted it from the banned xbox right before selling) to my new xbox without getting in troubles like getting my gamertag or xbox banned all over again?

I haven't been playing any xbox games before they were released I think.
But I am also wondering if there is any way to remove the history of ever playing these pirated games on like xbox.com? (before you get banned the xbox makes a gaming history on the games you played)

And yeah, I am aware that my saved games are gone forever - this does not matter that much.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as long as the gamertag isn't banned then you can recover your gamertag with no worries whatsoever

console bannings and gamertag bannings are 2 different things .. you should be good to go

Microsoft has no interest in killing gamertags, or stalking them, when it comes to piracy - in other words you will be more than safe and what passes with the last bannings is gone, you wont be under suspicion or anything (considering you dnt pirate again) then again we dnt really know when these ban "waves" ever start/stop.

Namcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice to hear.
So even if it turns out that I actually did play a game before it's release date I should be safe anyway?
I'm almost sure that I didn't, but I could have forgotten.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it was banned last year then it would have been corrupted (especially if you did not restore secdata). If it works fantastic but if not what you are going to have to do is resign the gamertag and the saves (MS left them working on the box that was banned but kicked transfer in the head). We have automated tools to do it these days though.
A thread on the very subject
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=264173

You will need to find a valid key though (not necessarily unbanned just not revoked- MS has not really revoked much this side of JTAG though so you should be OK to get a banned KV from someone). Afraid mine is still good or I would send you that (you could try "BinCrypt2 And Donor KV!" from http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=15694.0 if you are having a hard time).

You can recover it but be aware it might be the last thing it got before you got hit with a ban (which would have been over a year ago at this point).

Games before release is more or less tied to live- no network and automatic no date setting. Indeed I think my 360 has said 2005 since I got it (not that I use XBL).

Namcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
If it was banned last year then it would have been corrupted (especially if you did not restore secdata). If it works fantastic but if not what you are going to have to do is resign the gamertag and the saves (MS left them working on the box that was banned but kicked transfer in the head). We have automated tools to do it these days though.
A thread on the very subject
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=264173
Yeah, I got banned like almost exactly a year ago if I remember correctly, in wave 4.
Hmm, however, I do not wish to uncorrupt any saved data or any acheivements from my old xbox (and it is not possible because I deleted the account from it before I sold it), If I sign in to my new xbox with the gamertag I was using when the console got banned I should only have the "gaming history" and acheivements that I had from before I got banned and I am fine with that - but do I need to do something else to make sure I don't get banned again? :S
(I do not intend to flash my new xbox)

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Nov 26 2010, 04:46 PM) You can recover it but be aware it might be the last thing it got before you got hit with a ban (which would have been over a year ago at this point).

Games before release is more or less tied to live- no network and automatic no date setting. Indeed I think my 360 has said 2005 since I got it (not that I use XBL).
Are you saying that my new xbox might get banned if I have played a game before it's release date on my banned one?
I don't really understand...

I dont want to transfer any data from my old xbox, I just want to recover it the way the "normal" way, you know, like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unu_BegZHf4

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just did this. If it's a console ban and not a gamertag ban, your gamertag will still be available as well as any purchases you made on XBL can be redownloaded. Also, if you're lucky, you can reup to gold with 33$ off.

Namcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jiggah said:
I just did this. If it's a console ban and not a gamertag ban, your gamertag will still be available as well as any purchases you made on XBL can be redownloaded. Also, if you're lucky, you can reup to gold with 33$ off.
Great!
I am sure that it was my console that got banned and not my profile, that would be weird.
I probably wouldn't be able to log into xbox.com if I was would I?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+