Hacking A simple explanation

biggzsizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone explain the difference between the Homebrew Launcher Channel and the Homebrew Channel beta 8?

Which do I need to run homebrew apps and such?

I have the wad install and uninstaller channels but those 2 mentioned above confuse me.

Thanks in advance!

biggz

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are essentially the same thing. Just use Homebrew Channel beta 8. It's what people refer to when they talk about the Homebrew Channel. You can also use the Homebrew Channel to install and uninstall WADs. I highly recommend the WAD Manager 1.1. It allows you to pick from all of the WADs on your SD card or USB drive. That way you can install/uninstall WADs one at a time without having to remove your SD card to swap in/out the WADs you want installed/uninstalled. It keeps things a lot more organized.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
i think the homebrew launcher channel is highly based of the homebrew channel beta 1 and is made by some people that just removed the 10 mins limit and then added there own interface, the homebrew channel beta 8 is the channel that the 1st wii hackers, team twiizer made, its the best option to use because its from the people that know the most about the wii. and it has an auto update feature so u install it, and you dont need to download any other wads every again.

biggzsizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So essentially I could uninstall the wad channels and use the Homebrew Channel Beta 8 for all my "homebrew/wad" needs?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
biggzsizzle said:
So essentially I could uninstall the wad channels and use the Homebrew Channel Beta 8 for all my "homebrew/wad" needs?
not in the way your thinking, wads are like the EG "game.exe on" your PC they are just holding the information in a container, the homebrew channel will only load .dol or .elf files wads are for installing not for exicution

biggzsizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand, but I'm saying like I could just use the Homebrew Channel Beta 8 with the WAD Manager 1.1 app on my SD card to install wads. Correct?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
biggzsizzle said:
I understand, but I'm saying like I could just use the Homebrew Channel Beta 8 with the WAD Manager 1.1 app on my SD card to install wads. Correct?
yea you can
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)