Suggestion A seprate section for arduino in gbatemp

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I think most of the users on gbatemp and many people over the globe own a arduino.Why don't we make a seperate section for arduino related problems and projects???THis would help the users and invite more people to sign up on gbatemp.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I think most of the users on gbatemp
I laughed.

I guess you just don't know the audience of GBATemp well, but probably 80% of our active users are like...people who are only here for 3DS hacking. I'd imagine maybe a whole 5-10k people at best of the 300k we have at GBATemp actually own an Arduino. And that's at best, because if you just search "Arduino", you get maybe 5-10 threads dedicated about them, and a whole 196 posts where they're mentioned (give or take a couple dozen, cuz sometimes the forum search isn't 100% accurate).

The Arduino is cool and all, but it's not something that really fits at GBATemp.

As for the Raspberry Pi, while I imagine there's a lot more interest about it here, even if you combined it with the Arduino I sort of doubt there would be much content posted there as well. I see no reason to make a whole separate section for either of them when both could easily fit in one of the other PC sections.

Reactions: DarkFlare69

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
There is nowhere near enough demand to justify an Arduino subsection, even the raspi pi that is way more popular isn't in enough demand for its own section. If we gave every niche device its own section then the forum would be huge and a mess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool