Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree and wont knock you for the post as some have, because I think you had good intentions, but think about this; not doing a search at all is no good but there's been a few times I've had trouble even finding a post that I've already visited before, by doing a search. Don't assume that someone who posted didn't try a search first. They may not have found (or thought they found) exactly what they were looking for, or maybe it didn't work or needed more info. Maybe they searched but didn't go through all of the 100's of pages of results.

Reactions: 7Robins

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ It's a little bit too unrealistic to expect every single person to have the patience to sift through hundreds of pages to find a single result they're looking for. Some people also might not want to learn as much as me and, I'm sure, the majority of others. And shutting them down isn't going to help them.

Now, if they post a stupid question ("How do I mod my Wii mode???"), then you can mock them.

Dang, people type too fast, now this makes no sense.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@whitephoenix00ZX
If you think a post that includes "Please" and "Thank you" and the BEST suggestion of starting your own thread dedicated to your problem is stern, you are gonna have to grow some thicker skin.
If you had read the entire Dump Mii NAND thread you would have seen this:
So there is a Bootmi for vWii?:huh:

why. did. you. bump. this. you. cuck.

So consider yourself lucky @punderino wasn't paying attention.

Also(because you were new to this forum) I didn't know if you knew that when a post is off topic it is usually purged from the thread.
When it is deleted, you cannot copy and paste it into a new thread.
So, those posts were left unreported(as off topic) until you came back and could retrieve whatever information you wanted from them.

Now, I am going to suggestion (politely) one more time that you begin a new thread with your problem clearly explained. Because, if you had looked at other problem/troubleshooting threads you would see they can be MANY pages long.

Imagine now someone entering your discussion elsewhere with their problem and how difficult it would be to keep things straight.

And, Finally, it is nice to see a problem/troubleshooting thread topic changed by adding [Solved] to the title. It could help the next guy that comes. Most people are not going to read a 1000 page thread for answers.

Last edited by Bug_Checker_,

whitephoenix00ZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@whitephoenix00ZX
If you think a post that includes "Please" and "Thank you" and the BEST suggestion of starting your own thread dedicated to your problem is stern, you are gonna have to grow some thicker skin.
If you had read the entire Dump Mii NAND thread you would have seen this:

So consider yourself lucky @punderino wasn't paying attention.

Also(because you were new to this forum) I didn't know if you knew that when a post is off topic it is usually purged from the thread.
When it is deleted, you cannot copy and paste it into a new thread.
So, those posts were left unreported(as off topic) until you came back and could retrieve whatever information you wanted from them.

Now, I am going to suggestion (politely) one more time that you begin a new thread with your problem clearly explained. Because, if you had looked at other problem/troubleshooting threads you would see they can be MANY pages long.

Imagine now someone entering your discussion elsewhere with their problem and how difficult it would be to keep things straight.

And, Finally, it is nice to see a problem/troubleshooting thread topic changed by adding [Solved] to the title. It could help the next guy that comes. Most people are not going to read a 1000 page thread for answers.

:blush:Please forgive me, I was not being ungrateful for your input, and by stern, I just meant strict and a little short, not disrespectful, your reply was not even that harsh, but the reply before yours sort of was (I feel), I think its all just a matter of interpretation and perception, I shouldn't have associated your reply with my rant, I actually took your advice and was going to make a new post in another, more appropriate thread, I just didn't do it before posting my rant, another user did reply to my rant and expressed some sympathy (I'm not saying you didn't show sympathy) and offered their thread (The Definitive vWii Hacking guide) for me to post on so I did that, it's all taken care of now, I just need some answers and I'm waiting for them. So please don't take anything I say as disrespectful or ungrateful (sure, maybe I should word things better and think before I post), but the last thing I want is to get into an argument, thank you for your input and if I run into the same situation as before, I will begin a new thread (not sure how to do that but I'll figure it out.) So I apologize for seeming ungrateful, but please don't be aggravated with me (if you are aggravated, I don't mean to sound oversensitive) and again, forgive me.^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good