Hacking A reminder to people/newbies asking questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,521
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Likes Likes 1

A good post to sticky?

  • Uh, I guess?

    Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Meh. Not really.

    Votes: 35 50.0%
  • No comment.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gacube emulator?!?!?!?!

    Votes: 21 30.0%
  • gacube emulator?!?!?!?!

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • gacube emulator?!?!?!?!

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • gacube emulator?!?!?!?!

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • what

    Votes: 3 4.3%

  • Total voters
    70
Really? It doesn't on my Core i3 laptop with integrated Intel HD3000 graphics and 4GB of RAM. Yes, it takes a moment to load. That's due to the way the forum displays, not your computer or the size of my post. If you give it all of 5 seconds when you first visit the thread, it loads fine and runs speedy after that.

I've got uBlock Origins installed so it's probably that checking the links in the thread, then getting bombarded my jquery calls from other tabs.
The other option I guess is go the stack route, with a big DID YOU SEARCH FOR YOUR QUESTION FIRST? disclaimer before starting a new thread (probably won't stop the duplicates haha).
 
  • Like
Reactions: CJB100
Honestly, that's almost what I'd prefer lol just a disclaimer while a user is writing their post with a link to the stickies. Idk, but I doubt there's a way to do that on most forums including this one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Glix
Some people do't read previous posts either. ;) Haha I'm just joking with you @azoreseuropa.

Mods where you at? Get this thread on over.. or closed lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: spotanjo3
I just want to point out that when I made a post on the Dump Mii Nand thread seeking help for fixing my homebrew on my vWii, the other users were kinda harsh to me about my post having little to do with the thread I posted it in. I just joined gbatemp last week, so I'm brand new here and I didn't think about how much my post had to do with the topic, I just considered the fact that Dump Mii Nand was the last app I had used, also my post was terribly long-winded, which even I admit was not very well thought through, but I had humbly asked that others be kind and patient with me and said I would be grateful for any empathy and assistance because I knew my post was really long and was not heavily focused on the topic of the thread but I was desperate to fix my homebrew and I was a bit scatter-brained from the stress. Even when I apologized about my post after being attacked (attacked may sound a little worse than it really was), I was still met with sternness in another reply with no acceptance or anything. I did humbly take the advice given and accepted and understood what they were saying, but I felt they could have been a little more kind about it. Sorry, I'm being long winded again, but I just wanted to rant a little. This post is geared to people like me and I'm probably one of the reasons this thread was posted, but I'm not looking for attention or sympathy, I'm just trying my best to be kind and clear and don't want any trouble and it's kind of hurtful when I'm met with hostility for it, all people want is a little help! I'm not saying it's okay for people to make repetitive posts either, just have some patience everybody, please. I appreciate those in this post who stand up for newbies and point out that people could be gentler to them, Thank You. I don't want to start any arguments from this and hope I don't get in trouble for making another long post. Thank You to anyone who listens.
 
Last edited by whitephoenix00ZX,
Lot's of people can be condescending, especially on the internet on a forum. You just gotta learn how to swallow your pride, take the information, and run with it.

Occasionally you come across the nice people, who actually help you learn.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bug_Checker_
I just want to point out that when I made a post on the Dump Mii Nand thread seeking help for fixing my homebrew on my vWii, the other users were kinda harsh to me about my post having little to do with the thread I posted it in. I just joined gbatemp last week, so I'm brand new here and I didn't think about how much my post had to do with the topic, I just considered the fact the Dump Mii Nand was the last app I had used, also my post was terribly long-winded, which even I admit was not very well thought through, but I had humbly asked that others be kind and patient with me and said I would be grateful for any empathy and assistance because I knew my post was really long and was not heavily focused on the topic of the thread but I was desperate to fix my homebrew and I was sort of scatter-brained from the stress. Even when I apologized for about my post after being attacked (attacked may sound a little worse than it really was), I was still met with a little sternness in another reply with no acceptance or anything. I did humbly take the advice given and accepted and understood what they were saying, but I felt they could have been a little more kind about it. I know

I think you just have a case of the chatties lol. I do think the initial response you received was a bit harsh, but you didn't give a lot of thought to any part of your post. I'm not mad, obviously, but a little constructive criticism goes a long way, and I don't think you were actually helped properly there.

Firstly, that post is definitely not related to Dump Mii Nand in almost any way at all. In forums like this, you should post your question in the most appropriate thread. If it's a general vWii issue, for instance, my guide would be a good place to post a question. By posting in the Dump Mii Nand thread, you set an expectation for anyone who is going to read your post that it will have something to do with where you posted. When users went through your post and found it had nothing to do with that program, they were understandably confused and a little angry that their time was wasted.

Secondly, if you are unsure of where to post, you can always start a new thread. Asking n00b questions in a brand new thread will be met with criticism, but not as much as what you received.

Lastly, you need to only give as much information as is necessary. If your problem has to do with Wii U, don't launch into an epilogue about how you set up your vWii. If it is relevant, users will ask for the information. It is important to give good info, but it should be pertinent to the problem at hand.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7Robins
Its official now. Someone make a gamcube emulator for wii u side it has to be called gacube.
Also, man these threads pop up as frequent as the dumb questions. Seriously though this thread should remain here forever so users can mock the OP. Im sorry if Im coming off as a total gacube but OP you deserve at least a week of mockery.
 
I think you just have a case of the chatties lol. I do think the initial response you received was a bit harsh, but you didn't give a lot of thought to any part of your post. I'm not mad, obviously, but a little constructive criticism goes a long way, and I don't think you were actually helped properly there.

Firstly, that post is definitely not related to Dump Mii Nand in almost any way at all. In forums like this, you should post your question in the most appropriate thread. If it's a general vWii issue, for instance, my guide would be a good place to post a question. By posting in the Dump Mii Nand thread, you set an expectation for anyone who is going to read your post that it will have something to do with where you posted. When users went through your post and found it had nothing to do with that program, they were understandably confused and a little angry that their time was wasted.

Secondly, if you are unsure of where to post, you can always start a new thread. Asking n00b questions in a brand new thread will be met with criticism, but not as much as what you received.

Lastly, you need to only give as much information as is necessary. If your problem has to do with Wii U, don't launch into an epilogue about how you set up your vWii. If it is relevant, users will ask for the information. It is important to give good info, but it should be pertinent to the problem at hand.

Thank You so much! This is exactly what I'm talking about, constructive criticism with the deserved respect. All I ask for is a little R.E.S.P.E.C.T. I absolutely understand everything you're saying and I feel the same way. My post was almost entirely concerning another topic and I didn't think my post through too well, my bad there. I thank you again for understanding and showing at least a little empathy, this is what I needed to begin with, some help and acceptance. I will definitely post my question in your guide (revised and shortened of course) if you'd allow. I don't mean to make a fuss about it if that's what it sounds like, again, I just felt I should make a point to be heard.
 
it was near 12:00am when i wrote this and after reading the op again i now have this to say: what the fuck did i type
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bug_Checker_
Thank You so much! This is exactly what I'm talking about, constructive criticism with the deserved respect. All I ask for is a little R.E.S.P.E.C.T. I absolutely understand everything you're saying and I feel the same way. My post was almost entirely concerning another topic and I didn't think my post through too well, my bad there. I thank you again for understanding and showing at least a little empathy, this is what I needed to begin with, some help and acceptance. I will definitely post my question in your guide (revised and shortened of course) if you'd allow. I don't mean to make a fuss about it if that's what it sounds like, again, I just felt I should make a point to be heard.

No problem, and by all means go for it. :)
 

Site & Scene News