OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you who have been paying attention for the past few days
have seen the DSTT section become a battlefield;
A result that was not intended by anybody.
Least of all, me.

The decree to keep retrogamefan's files off of GBAtemp
was done out of respect to one of the major contributers to firmware in our community,
and for his wishes.
However, when the circumstances surrounding his work are taken into consideration,
it becomes clear that I've made a mistake.

We still ask that you not link to retrogamefan's work (again, out of respect)
and links directly to his site will absolutely be removed, due to the nature of his site,
but warns that were issued in the past few days over this have been recalculated.

This thread will be open, so any comments you have about the preceding days should be said here.
I fully expect a few people to have some less-than-kind things to say about my mistakes.
Go ahead and say what you want about it, but try and keep the conversation something close to "civil".

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was banned from the site Retro chose to post his fixes on. I was helping someone in the chat set up their R4, and i was repeatidly told to shutup. I took it a little harshly, wondering how the admins could tell me to shutup for being helpfull. i mostly just argued with them, and then i was IP & Account banned.

I dont feel i did anything wrong, Certainly not wrong enough for a permenent ban.
Eventualy my IP changed, so i created a 2nd account and retro himself banned me in the same manor for having two accounts.

I have read alot in this forum, about retro randomly banning people from that site, for several reasons, including just the mention of GBATemp.

I, and we, need these fixes here. if they arent placed here, and i was forced to use the latest OFFICIAL firmware, i would MAYBE be able to play Mario Kart.

Retro illogicaly gets touchy when his updates are found here. if they are in 1:1 form of how they are found on the other site, then there is no harm done.

And you have decided to take away the updates for me. Im not starting this "Battle" for fun. I am unable to get the updates without asking my friends to DL it and up it for me. Retro is a hatefull human being, And you take orders from him. I will do no such thing, nor should anyone else. its breaking no legal rules, nor would i say it is breaking any GBATemp rules. it is breaking Your own personal illogical rule.

these fixes are so we can STEAL games.
Since when did standards kick in? Why not just do away with firmware completely, Nintendo is losing some money over it. Employee's are being paid less due to all this. And you want to have a heart for retro?

"was done out of respect to one of the major contributers to firmware in our community". He has left our community. He has no respect Left for GBATemp.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokefreak2008 said:
SO IT WAS YOU?

were you the one who caused retro to flip out and stop making updates? cause he accused you of stealing?
No? Lol i never said that. I would never steal credit where credit is due. and even to this day, with my hatred for Retro, i still thank him for the updates.
moogle.gif

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
We invite here all hackers who want to work on release for DSTT... (also use for YSMenu, etc...)

If someone here, know guys able to doing that, bring them here!
wink.gif

i hope, one day, we receive officialy from ndstt.com, all the tools, to do release easier

wink.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the fact that he made that announcement shortly after I told him that I was editing this sticky, I'd say what has made him decide the stop updating is the fact that we won't be actively keeping his updates off of GBAtemp anymore.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Considering the fact that he made that announcement shortly after I told him that I was editing this sticky, I'd say what has made him decide the stop updating is the fact that we won't be actively keeping his updates off of GBAtemp anymore.
Perhaps i am missunderstanding. Uploading his firmware to an external site (Such as MediaFire) Is no longer forbidden?

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bitonio6 said:
We invite here all hackers who want to work on release for DSTT... (also use for YSMenu, etc...)

If someone here, know guys able to doing that, bring them here!
wink.gif

i hope, one day, we receive officialy from ndstt.com, all the tools, to do release easier

wink.gif

Maybe too much turkey today. This is two posts in a row that just seem to suffer from poorly formed sentences.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie; It seems you understand perfectly.

There is no longer a ban on uploading the update to mediafire or some similar site, and linking to it here.
We ask that you don't out of respect for retrogamefan, but it's beyond our scope to police his files.

GreatCrippler: I believe Bitonio's first language is not English.
We generally bear with him and do our best to understand, because he does his best to help the community.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
It seems you understand perfectly.

There is no ban on uploading the update to mediafire or some similar site.
Huzzah!
Bunchie.gif

THE DSTT SHALL ROAM FREE ONCE AGAIN!
moogle.gif

EDIT: Someone should make a movie about this war, srsly.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you know, if he no longer makes updates, it hardly matters.

And before anybody asks, I've asked for drwhojan's ban to be revoked.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Bunie said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Perhaps i am missunderstanding. Uploading his firmware to an external site (Such as MediaFire) Is no longer forbidden?
And when a DSTT clone team will take his work,
can we give the new link?
ninja.gif

A friend of mine, gave me this link -> http://www.tti-advance.com/

You can check the content of their kernel
ph34r.gif

P.S my english is not perfect, and i will very happy if someone can rewrite my sentences in good english
like that, i will improve my knowledge in this language

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Vulpes Abnocto said:

And before anybody asks, I've asked for drwhojan's ban to be revoked.
If people can act with the same FORCE ( like they do against release decision ) by sending an email to ndstt.com...
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All we can do is take his words at face value.
At this point he says he has quit.
Whether that will be true next week is all up to him.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Vulpes Abnocto said:

I think the situation got so problematic that it would be better to receive no updated at all than to live with that situation.

There are only ~12 really big games we're waiting for right now, if RetroGameFan doesn't want to fix them, the community will find a solution.

And I'm saing this as someone who really likes Retro. I had never trouble with thim. I love his updates. But the situation sort of escalated.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Etalon said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:

I think the situation got so problematic that it would be better to receive no updated at all than to live with that situation.

There are only ~12 really big games we're waiting for right now, if RetroGameFan doesn't want to fix them, the community will find a solution.

And I'm saing this as someone who really likes Retro. I had never trouble with thim. I love his updates. But the situation sort of escalated.
We still can play with game patch !!!

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
It's easy to say there are only 12 games left in the DS's cycle that are worth playing by ignoring the niche games and games you might right off as shovelware that others might want to play.

It's not a big release by any means, but I'd like to be able to play the horrible House game if it gets released.

But this whole Retro thing has been horrible and stupid and dragged the IQs of all involved down involuntarily. I'm sure by tomorrow, when his warez site threatens to not pay him, retro will announce the next dat update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup